Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked in the French press with Denis Bouanga again today, St etienne winger, from Gabon, 25 years of age. Think we were first linked before the end of the season

Wouldn't blame Carlo for walking. There must be way more attractive jobs available than working with the jokesters that run Everton.

There is no way he came here without promises of being given free reign to change the squad.

Either something has badly changed behind the scenes since he arrived or literally every single player he wants has rejected us.

Given the money we've lashed at players in the past I'm inclined to think they lied through their teeth and promised him the world to join us, now they've gone back on it and it's Sell-to-Buy FC once again.

Everybody knew our squad wasn't fit for purpose last season - I'd go as far as to say without Richarlison we'd have got relegated.

Now the new season is upon us and he's forced to integrate players such as Bolasie and Besic because we can't even give them away.

The club is literally forfeiting points in the opening months by refusing to improve the quality of the squad.

Absolutely disgusting.

don’t underestimate just how badly Covid is hitting not just Everton but pretty much every club. Expecting to go out and spend £100+ million just isn’t going to happen.

I’m reacting to the fact we looked garbage for most of last season and the friendly suggests nothing has changed. Don’t see what’s wrong with that tbh.

Exactly, nothing has changed so there's nothing to react to. The only thing we learned from yesterday is that Nkounkou looks like he's got something about him. Without new players nothing was ever going to change so what's the point in getting upset about it?

Seems Carlo has found out our transfer plans and budget for the summer.

57f9d871d414578b683454dd03ed28f5.webp

Exactly, nothing has changed so there's nothing to react to. The only thing we learned from yesterday is that Nkounkou looks like he's got something about him. Without new players nothing was ever going to change so what's the point in getting upset about it?
People are venting I suppose. It’s close season so we’ve got nothing to react to full stop but we’re all still on here.I wouldn’t put too much stock in it.

Must admit .. I felt the need to change the sheets this morning... the links to our key positions that need filling feel more like bandaid purchases than any real strategy the club is following. But even these need to be done else I’m hiding under my wet sheets come the Spurs game

Any quotes from Carlo after the match yesterday? Usually a useful barometer on how transfers are progressing. I’m going to stay positive with no news being good news. *phones bensons for beds

I feel 4-4-2 will only work if we sign both Allan and Doucoure. That’s a strong pairing, Allan to sit deeper, and Doucoure to play box to box and provide the threat. Gomes still has a role to play, certainly if we switch to a 4-3-3 which I wouldn’t be against. Gbamin will stay of course and could prove himself useful, but that only leaves one more spot for CM. We don’t need more than 5, and it’s difficult to make a case for any of them.

Gylfi could still be semi useful if we play with an attacking centre mid. Davies is blatantly not good enough. Delph has offered next to nothing and spent most of his time on the treatment table. Besic, the less said the better. I make that 3 centre mids we could do with binning, and I’d happily see the back of Iceland too.

Felt genuinely nauseas seeing Gylfi and Davies at centre mid again yesterday, that pairing cannot be allowed ever again in a league game.

There is no doubt that the pandemic has changed the plans of every club, including Everton.

CA and Brands will have been talking about transfer plans for months now and targets have long since been identified.
I think that what has happened is the manager has condensed his transfer activity into the midfield area first. We all can clearly see the problem there and so can he. I think the signing of a centre half and wide right player is less urgent and can be looked at after centre midfield is strengthened.

I think we may have enough money to buy Ducoure and Allan but everything else will depend on transfers out.

On a side note I thought Gibson looked good yesterday. We already know he can play well at a league one level. It may be that he is closer to the first team now than Branthwaite who is younger and less experienced .

I think that people who are calling for Brands to be sacked should remember he is a director as well as DOF.

I’m reacting to the fact we looked garbage for most of last season and the friendly suggests nothing has changed. Don’t see what’s wrong with that tbh.

Fully agree with you. What I didnt like is I saw the same garbage. Slow. No pressing. No control of the ball. Weak tackling. Blown off the ball. Poor passing. Very few shots. Friendly or not. No improvement.

Disagree. It's the same type of non pressing football with no energy we are playing.. yet carlo has asked for intensity. He is getting zero. Blackpool out worked us. We actually physically stronger. We dont press as a team like all the top teams do now. You dont have to have to be good with a ball to press. Its fitness and desire and intensity. We have none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back