Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we are playing clubs off against each other and won’t be signing all those we are being linked to. It is a bit concerning that all these names are in their late twenties which could leave us needing a big rebuild in a couple of years. I suspect Ancelotti has put his foot down.

Think Carlo is looking for an instant transformation of the midfield. He's going for experience. It could be risky given their ages but if they do perform it will be brilliant. Big risk from Carlos . Leaves brands to bringin the younger cheaper players

I read a piece from him in the last couple of days where he said he signed for Koeman and it was never the same after he got sacked.
It sounded as if he downed tools.
I'm sure he did to some extent and at the same time he was never much worse than anyone else playing for us. He was always a pretty meh player aside from the first 6 months and even then it was really Gana, but he continued to be that under Sam and even this season. Ultimately for me he was a player who went with the team. He performed when the others did and didn't when they didn't.

A bit of a strange one but I live in South Wales, surrounded by Cardiff fans. It was mentioned to me by someone who has an executive box at Cardiff that both Everton and Man City are monitoring a young lad called Tavio d'Almeida. I have never heard of him, don’t think he has even played for Cardiff so possibly one for the youth team however I’m sure our scouts are monitoring hundreds of young players.

My god - an actual rumour! Well done sir

This article says PSG want Thomas Partey to replace Gana Gueye. Would anyone else gladly sack Doucoure off to bring a blue home? I know I would.

In a heartbeat. Probably one of the only Everton players i've actually liked over the past 10 years

This article says PSG want Thomas Partey to replace Gana Gueye. Would anyone else gladly sack Doucoure off to bring a blue home? I know I would.
For a sixth of what they paid us maybe. I love Gana and appreciate immensely what he did here but he's a year older, he has a history of muscle injuries, his legs are massive to his style of play and they paid a pretty solid amount orginally. It'll be tough to make it a smart move.

Even with someone like Allan at least you have passing as part of his strengths. Gana is an adequate passer but not good enough to be of use if the legs go.

Still light on depth in the middle till JPG returns but we can't really ask for much more in a window there.

Light on depth, we have delph, siggurdsson, gbamin, davies and besic ha

Meanwhile we have 6 centre backs and strikers for 4 positions.

....totally included besic for personal agenda.

Not for me, we need to move forward not baclwards like some saying we will have Stones back.

For a sixth of what they paid us maybe. I love Gana and appreciate immensely what he did here but he's a year older, he has a history of muscle injuries, his legs are massive to his style of play and they paid a pretty solid amount orginally. It'll be tough to make it a smart move.

Even with someone like Allan at least you have passing as part of his strengths. Gana is an adequate passer but not good enough to be of use if the legs go.

I would imagine his wage got a boost at PSG aswell

Gana was good, and that position has obviously never been filled since but I also remember games where he just went missing, and with age, I'd say they'd happen more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back