Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Gomes will thrive with quality runners and options around him. Looking forward to seeing him flourish and amazed how many forget he had his leg snapped in half and had to put up with 'help' from Davies and Siggy etc
One of the main reasons Gomes got caught on the ball is due to having no forward options.. just Siggy pointing for him to pass it elsewhere! Think a lot of folk will be proven wrong about him this coming season tbh.

This leg break thing doesn't tell the whole story as the whole team had been off due to Covid. It's not like he was thrown back into the team whilst everyone else around him was at peak fitness.

I think he will be fine too in the future but his bad play last season was purely due to him playing badly.

Seems like we have strong links to 4 players and are just ensuring we do not make previous mistakes on fees. Wonder which domino will fall first.

This leg break thing doesn't tell the whole story as the whole team had been off due to Covid. It's not like he was thrown back into the team whilst everyone else around him was at peak fitness.

I think he will be fine too in the future but his bad play last season was purely due to him playing badly.
Again, I'd beg to differ. Yep, I appreciate he wasn't great before his leg break but the options around him are literally awful. He is forced to hang on longer than he wants, has to try and tackle for Tom and Sig, and also had to work for a clueless manager prior to injury.
Ancelotti was clear how important Gomes is, he is an elite player who will flourish with better players around him.

The creative, low risk move for Rodriguez would be on loan with an obligation to buy at an agreed fee, IF he hits certain criteria. I.e. number of appearances.

That way Madrid can report the fee and not lose face, and get some of his wages off the books which I'm sure is their main concern.

Again, I'd beg to differ. Yep, I appreciate he wasn't great before his leg break but the options around him are literally awful. He is forced to hang on longer than he wants, has to try and tackle for Tom and Sig, and also had to work for a clueless manager prior to injury.
Ancelotti was clear how important Gomes is, he is an elite player who will flourish with better players around him.

"Elite player" you sure?

The creative, low risk move for Rodriguez would be on loan with an obligation to buy at an agreed fee, IF he hits certain criteria. I.e. number of appearances.

That way Madrid can report the fee and not lose face, and get some of his wages off the books which I'm sure is their main concern.
That agreed fee being £0.00, cus his contract is out

Nah, Gomes will thrive with quality runners and options around him. Looking forward to seeing him flourish and amazed how many forget he had his leg snapped in half and had to put up with 'help' from Davies and Siggy etc
One of the main reasons Gomes got caught on the ball is due to having no forward options.. just Siggy pointing for him to pass it elsewhere! Think a lot of folk will be proven wrong about him this coming season tbh.
I hope you're right not that we could've afforded them but a Gomes and Hamez from 2015 would have us top 4... 2020 versions not so sure. Let's hope Carlo can keep them fit and get their best back out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back