Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lone striker should have been the correct usage.

Would have rather we played him up top with somebody.

Sadly it makes sense for me.

He seems unhappy
He needs games to improve, DCL and Rico are massively ahead of him
An older player, like for example a Josh King type, is already "matured" as a player and would be able to make more of an impact with limited minutes and wouldn't be a ticking time bomb with regards that the more games he misses, the less he improves.

But we shall see.

I would keep him, but can total see why we might not.
I think he will be fine as a loan striker. Remember who the chief players responsible for passing the ball to him were.

You underestimate just how crap our squad is outside of a few.

That Spurs win has clouded alot of peoples minds for the worse and the "go with what we've got brigade" weaned off the teet of Kenwright for over a decade are making themselves heard.

Reality is an injury to James or Richarlison and we have Walcott/Bernard in the side

An injury to Gomes and we have Siggurdsson or Davies

An injury to Doucoure or Allan and its Delph

An injury to Pickford and its Virginia

This squad still needs work doing to keep us competitive and lets not forget clubs like Leicester and Wolves started off at a much higher level than us coming into this window - just because we have sorted the midfield means nothing if those clubs around us are still stronger or even just equal to us up top, out wide, in goal or in defence.

We simply have to keep bringing quality in until we have options all over the field and 1-2 injuries doesn't allow crap to sneak back into the side.

I don't underestimate it. I know we're poor.

But I'm being realistic. We need defensive cover as a priority. The rest is gonna have to wait until late in the window because we need players out first.

Messi isn't even a striker. I don't want this to turn into a dumb labeling issue but Kean should be playing in the position on the pitch where you score goals and aren't responsible for much else whatever you want to call it.

I think the main issue with Kean is his movement/a real lack of game intelligence.

Rom had it at his age. Dom did, to an extent, he's always had it -it's his finishing which has let him down.

Kean's game intelligence yesterday was poor, up until that missed chance. He actually made a really good far post run for that, gave himself enough room to meet a good cross etc.

After that, though the chance was a bad miss, he at least started looking lively.

It's difficult for him when he comes on late in a game to impact things, like on Sunday, but his decision-making compared to Dom or Richarlison is nowhere near.

But that doesn't obviously mean we should give up on him. We've got one of the best Italian managers and the lad clearly has talent - even if he is very raw (which at 20, most players are).

I think the main issue with Kean is his movement/a real lack of game intelligence.

Rom had it at his age. Dom did, to an extent, he's always had it -it's his finishing which has let him down.

Kean's game intelligence yesterday was poor, up until that missed chance. He actually made a really good far post run for that, gave himself enough room to meet a good cross etc.

After that, though the chance was a bad miss, he at least started looking lively.

It's difficult for him when he comes on late in a game to impact things, like on Sunday, but his decision-making compared to Dom or Richarlison is nowhere near.

But that doesn't obviously mean we should give up on him. We've got one of the best Italian managers and the lad clearly has talent - even if he is very raw (which at 20, most players are).
He moves well in the box. Maybe work to do outside of it, but he gets on the end of things consistently. It is something I think he does really well tbh.

He's bad off the bench. He presses and doesn't play with composure which makes it hard as he shouldn't really start at the minute.

Tomori & Dalot on loan and a winger.

Out:
Kenny
Walcott
Bernard
Bolasie
Sandro
Besic
Tosun
Iwobi
Pennington
Banigamie

Brands manages that he will have made up for last summer.
If he can do that, I'd expect to see him walking around swinging a watch on a chain whilst asking other club managers and CEOs to look into his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back