Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Barca had 11 awful players on the pitch that night. Something is fundamentally wrong at that football club and I hardly think Koeman with his style of management is the man to address that.
I think Barca are just plodding on til next season when it will all change. A brand new start as it were.
Presidential elections in Spring, apparently Xavi coming in as manager from next season, backed by the expected new chairman.
Koeman already been told that is the deal and will either move aside, move upstairs or maybe even go back to the Dutch job?
My own opinion is that Messi will see what plans Xavi has, what players he will bring in etc and then decide what to do.
He will be able to leave on a free though and I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Newell's Old Boys to ease into retirement.

Goal or assist every 3 games isnt bad for Palace but hes their focal point...not sure hed have that affect for us as 'one of a selection'.

That's a fair point but I think look what he's working with. He's putting balls into ayew and benteke. Also he literally get double or triple man marked most games. If he was at us that either couldn't happen so zaha would get more space during the game or the opposition would double up on him and that would leave space for our attacking players.

I honestly think if we signed him we would take a massive step up as a team and would give us real options to work with.

After 10 mins of that Salford game I thought this lad has all the attributes to be a winger. Strong and fast, athletic, good on the ball, very tricky.
Be interesting to see what Carlo does with him
I think more a wing back then winger. But the lad has many attributes going forward. Saying that daily in training he’s learning from one of the best offensive fullbacks in Digne.

I honestly think that they have brought in Koeman to clear the decks, be the bad guy and then to get jibbed off for a fresh start under Xavi. I'm surprised Koeman agreed to take the job, I know it's always been his ambition but their current circumstances mean it's a no win gig for him.

Yeah, it's got the Moyes to man U feel about it, he's just a fall guy, but then that also shows the arrogance of koeman that he believes he's really that good

This will probably be an unpopular choice given how Calvert-Lewin has performed but if we did happen to get Perisic in I would prefer to go with a front 3 of -
Perisic Richarlison Rodriguez
I firmly believe Richarlison would make a terrific centre forward and he just edges out DCL for me.

I don’t think there is any chance whatsoever that we get Zaha. If he wanted a big move he was stupid to sign a long term contract, he should have known they would price everyone out. However I genuinely would put a £40m bid in this week. It might turn his head and disrupt his performance for the game, especially when they knock it back and say he won’t be sold
That's a nice snide thing to do. Palace will be livid. It was the same last season when we played them first game the day after the window shut. He was on the bench that day I think.

I'd rather play them without him in the team, despite the fact that half this forum think he's crap.

I'm a bit curious as to why we aren't setting up as a 4-3-1-2. Obviously we would need a big improvement on Coleman to provide the width but, with the players we have, it makes the most sense.

I think the way james drifts in, we sort of change to that mid game, i mean the 4th goal he was dead centre with richy and DCL ahead of him in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back