Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think despite the gaffes in matches and Carlo even calling him out last season he’d keep him in the team just because he looks decent in training? lol

I dont think training is really relevant at all. It will all be about matches. He'll have seen plenty of Jordan in training. I just dont see any new goalkeeper going straight into the team. Ancelotti will hope the competition improves Pickford rather than immediately dropping him.

That's what I think is likely anyway. I dont think its likely Pickford keeps his place long either, if we get someone decent like Ronero.

not sure why everyone thinks Romero is the answer...he couldnt get a game even wit de gea being as bad as pickford at times.
[/QUOTE

He's not a long term option. Gives proper competition for Pickford in the hope it makes him focus and gives us a viable alternative if needed. Buys us time to find a long term replacement if Pickford doesn't get his head straight

Bumped into someone I used to work with today. Big Everton fan. According to him we're after a highly rated centre back from Benfica - Ruben Diaz. Apparently they'll have to sell after spending big on players and then not making the proper rounds of the champions league.
I know nothing more!

How would he know who were after?

Dias is a tank, they call him "The boss" in Benfica. He can also pass really well as well.

Not the quickest though and right sided so we would play deep with him Mina or Keane.

Hes very highly rated, was in team of the tournament and player of the final in the 2019 nations league.

Has a release clause of about €100 million euros - so doubt it. We need some CB cover/someone who can push their way into the starting line up, but if we were going to spend decent money on someone, I'd say pacey forward, RB and GK would take priority for me over CB to be honest.

What relevance is the Release clause? The post says they need to sell. My guess would be £25-30mil.

I like him, Nymz.

But if the Joyce article is right and we're looking at him demanding £100k p/wk, plus the fee, it's steep.

I'd be confident in Brands getting the fee down, but those wages...
One word for him

Koff

If he wants to have an opportunity to come and compete for a chance to play top level football late in his career, for a decent wage, bring it on. If all he wants is a final big pay day I'd rather put up with Pickfords antics

How would he know who were after?

Dias is a tank, they call him "The boss" in Benfica. He can also pass really well as well.

Not the quickest though and right sided so we would play deep with him Mina or Keane.

Hes very highly rated, was in team of the tournament and player of the final in the 2019 nations league.

What relevance is the Release clause? The post says they need to sell. My guess would be £25-30mil.
Diaz is very nice

United fans I know really like him. He's not an exciting replacement but he is alot more solid and would improve our leakiest position well for quite a small fee.

Only concern is that he hasn't been playing first team football for a long time and there are rumblings his knee causes him grief.
Well Jordans brain causes us grief ,so a dodgy knee is ok by me

You have to pay for quality.

Cant say I'm an expert on the boy, but he's very highly rated, good age, 100k a week really is nothing these days.
He's not highly rated, he's not a good age and £100k pw is still serious money.

He'd be coming here as back up keeper. Let him sit in the changing rooms next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back