Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A CB on loan and Josh King who we could probably knock down to 10m and only need to pay a portion of that as a down-payment, would be excellent business imo.

We have done our marquee business, and have to size up effectiveness vs cost now for any remaining transfers.

I think whether Kean stays or goes may be key to doing anymore business other than at CB. If he does go then I think allowing him to do so on loan is not the answer and will impede our flexibility to make other moves.

Pull out of a deal for £25m for our no. 1 target gabriel... Spend £30m on ben Godfrey... Yeah that's not happening.
I read that Godfrey can play centre back and defensive midfield. We have seen that transfer fees are never what is reported anyway.

I don't know enough about Godfrey to say we should or should not sign hum, but this the type of player for the future we need to sign.

If we can get Gbamin and Delph fit then that gets rid of the prospect of having to watch Davies Siggurdson it Iwobi deputise for Allnnor Doucoure. Holgate and Branthwaite back fit to cover for the defence.

I honestly think we just need a quality utility player who could cover CB, holding mid and right back for a period until all the above are fit.

it would be great to go out and splash 100 million on a top quality right back, keeper, and right winger but I can’t see it happening.

Gordon to get more squad time, Gbamin Holgate and Delph back fit and a lot of our problems go away.
Don't get the utility player thing. Go for the best players in their positions.
Still think Holgate could back up in the DM.
Anything from here on in, beside bringing in young talent, should be aimed at world class.
Basically go after the best LCB on offer.
Then all of a sudden make us very solid in the back and full of options (apart from the keeper of course)
The next season concentrate on attacking talent.

Don't get the utility player thing.
Still think Holgate could back up in the DM.
Anything from here on in, beside bringing in young talent, should be aimed at world class.
Basically go after the best LCB on offer.
That all of a sudden make us very solid in the back and full of options and legitimately going after CL spots.
The next season concentrate on attacking talent.

it’s because if one of Allan or Doucoure gets injured who comes in? Davies or Sigurdsson and we’re immediately playing with ten men without the ball. If Keane or Mina gets injured who comes in? Digne probably. If we could get a player who can cover those positions until Gbamin Holgate and Branthwaite are back that would help in the short term.

Onviously if we can buy world class then that’s great but considering we spent big on three players I doubt we have the budget to splash out on another worldie.

Here's a quote from Lampard which I found interesting. It's regarding Thiago Silva's defensive partner:

"There are players here that can speak the languages that he can, with French being the main one. But we also have lads here that can speak Portuguese and Italian, which Thiago can, and they can interact with him."

Surely this puts Zouma in pole position?
i'm sure it helps

one supporter i talked to believe that silva, if he can't keep up with the pace of the prem, might just be left in an advisory/mentoring role to tomori and zouma. i think it's probable, unless a better option presents itself. silva didn't look to be a world beater against WBA this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back