Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true then recouping 25 million euros is great news.

Keane has shown nothing and its unclear what his position is. He is not a 9 maybe a 10
or maybe not.

We might still get Zaha before the window closes and if that is the case 25 quid on EFC to win the league.

Still got Bolasie who is better than Walcott.
For me Walcott doesn't do a lot wrong but doesn't do a lot right either. Bolasie is more likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position and less likely to track back but also more likely to cause problems for opposition defenses.
Walcott seems to be a 4, 5 or 6 out of ten every single game. For ever.
Bolasie is a 2 or 3 for 5 games on the run or 10 games on the run then he'll be a 7, 8 or 9.

I can kind of understand why managers might prefer Walcott. He keeps the collective average up over the course of a season more than Yannick.

If this is true then recouping 25 million euros is great news.

Keane has shown nothing and its unclear what his position is. He is not a 9 maybe a 10
or maybe not.

We might still get Zaha before the window closes and if that is the case 25 quid on EFC to win the league.
It just hasn’t really worked out for Kean at Everton. Going by the media reports he just wants to go back home. Recoup the money for him and move on if he doesn’t want to stay.

For me Walcott doesn't do a lot wrong but doesn't do a lot right either. Bolasie is more likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position and less likely to track back but also more likely to cause problems for opposition defenses.
Bolasie is a 2 or 3 for 5 games on the run or 10 games on the run then he'll be a 7, 8 or 9.

I can kind of understand why managers might prefer Walcott. He keeps the collective average up over the course of a season more than Yannick.
Walcott looked good initially but his lack of end product has become a big issue. He doesn’t seem to have much of a future if he’s not making the League Cup squad. Hopefully a late deal for him emerges.

Walcott is amazing at timing runs in behind but unfortunately he can't cross, pass or shoot so it's a pointless skill.

If this is true about moving Kean on then I think a move for Zaha is a smart play.

He can cover all 3 forward postions , add another X factor to the side and be able to hit the ground running.

If we could include Walcott in the deal then even better.

What do you reckon £25/30 mill + Theo ?

Im intrigued at how Godfrey compares to Ferdinand at the same age when he moved to leeds

Norwich fans and ferdinand himself have made comparisons.

Perhaps Ancelotti has seen some potential there to build the next Marquinhos or something.

...must say, when I watched the obligatory YouTube clips he reminded me of Ferdinand. He’s aggressive in attacking the ball, often trying to pinch it before it reaches the opposition striker.

I looked at the Norwich forum, there was no ‘I’ll drive him there myself’ comments, it was generally ‘I’m really surprised nobody has bid for him earlier, he’s a £40m defender’. There was one funny comment along the lines of ‘whatever the agreed fee is, please add on the daylight robbery £10m they took from us for Naismith.’

If this is true about moving Kean on then I think a move for Zaha is a smart play.

He can cover all 3 forward postions , add another X factor to the side and be able to hit the ground running.

If we could include Walcott in the deal then even better.

What do you reckon £25/30 mill + Theo ?
Not sure I’d value Walcott at £15million lol

...must say, when I watched the obligatory YouTube clips he reminded me of Ferdinand. He’s aggressive in attacking the ball, often trying to pinch it before it reaches the opposition striker.

I looked at the Norwich forum, there was no ‘I’ll drive him there myself’ comments, it was generally ‘I’m really surprised nobody has bid for him earlier, he’s a £40m defender’. There was one funny comment along the lines of ‘whatever the agreed fee is, please add on the daylight robbery £10m they took from us for Naismith.’

Haha, imagine getting £8m for Naismith...

And the buying Niasse for double the amount.

Walcott off the ball is very much doing a lot wrong. His movement is absolutely awful recently. Doesn't have a football brain which is what it boils down to.

I dont think we can say much about bolasie as he's hardly played for us in his entire time here.

Out of the two, i'd rather have a winger who was unpredictable like Bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back