Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weaknesses

GK: Pickford/Lossl/Virginia
RB: Coleman / Kenny
RM: James / Walcott
CM: Allan + Doucoure / Davies + Delph Gbamin(?)

I think we need to look at these positions which can really cause us problems when needing to rotate.

Weve seen Ancelotti/Brands move for Godfrey to ensure we have 4 centre backs competing.

My guess is that we try to move on a heap of players before the deadline of 16th in UK and go for Aarons and Sarr.

With Pickford and the centre mids i think we'll try and make moves in January depending on the situation.

Interesting that theres rumours were after more in addition to Godfrey.

Agreed with this. I thought business was done after Godfrey but seems not after Carlos comments.

On the basis we can't fill every hole, then GK and RW the priority for me.

I think we'll make do and mend for RB.

Still say Josh King would tick several boxes and make a decent addition if surely, money is tight. Though Moshiri keeps finding coin down the back of the sofa.

I'd be open to almost any keeper as an emergency signing.

And, as limited as Kean is, we can't let him go without backup there. That's why if he is going, we could kill two birds signing King.

Either way, surely any further signings will either be loans or relatively cheap.

Only just seen this:

ANCELOTTI: NEW SIGNINGS ARE COMING

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted that there could be more business between now and the end of the transfer window after his side continued their perfect start to the campaign with a 4-2 win over Brighton.

When asked about potential incomings and out-goings, the Italian said: "Really as I said I'm not focused on this. I think that our technical director is working on this.

"And so there are players that want to leave, to find another opportunity outside the club, I think we have no problem to let them go. You will see, you will see. Maybe something can come. Some new signings are coming."

Weaknesses

I think we need to look at these positions which can really cause us problems when needing to rotate.

Weve seen Ancelotti/Brands move for Godfrey to ensure we have 4 centre backs competing.

My guess is that we try to move on a heap of players before the deadline of 16th in UK and go for Aarons and Sarr.

With Pickford and the centre mids i think we'll try and make moves in January depending on the situation.

Tbh I’m happy with Delph and the CM in general now. We have it functioning as a unit.

Same with RB. We have a couple of injuries temporarily but I think both Coleman and Kenny have done really well.

We need a GK. I think Pickford is done now. Once those kinda mistakes become regular you very very rarely see a keeper recover.

A forward would be great too. If we could get a top quality forward that could play across the front three and allow rotation without a drop in quality then we’d be looking great (although I was impressed with Iwobi).

Tbh I’m happy with Delph and the CM in general now. We have it functioning as a unit.

Same with RB. We have a couple of injuries temporarily but I think both Coleman and Kenny have done really well.

We need a GK. I think Pickford is done now. Once those kinda mistakes become regular you very very rarely see a keeper recover.

A forward would be great too. If we could get a top quality forward that could play across the front three and allow rotation without a drop in quality then we’d be looking great (although I was impressed with Iwobi).
Totally agree, maybe Zaha/Lozano type player and a keeper. Not sure Pickford will go but someone to push him to compete would be a start. His attitude seems to have improved but still not keen.

After yesterday that is a priority in my book but cannot see it happening until January.

Weaknesses

Gkp 100% agree.
RB, from what I hear Godfrey can play there, as can holgate. We have been extremely unfortunate with defensive injuries right now and we can only have so many backups as they will all be fit again soon.
RM we definitely need.
CM backup we definitely need but I'd be looking for a loan really.

Only just seen this:

ANCELOTTI: NEW SIGNINGS ARE COMING

Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti hinted that there could be more business between now and the end of the transfer window after his side continued their perfect start to the campaign with a 4-2 win over Brighton.

When asked about potential incomings and out-goings, the Italian said: "Really as I said I'm not focused on this. I think that our technical director is working on this.

"And so there are players that want to leave, to find another opportunity outside the club, I think we have no problem to let them go. You will see, you will see. Maybe something can come. Some new signings are coming."

Exciting stuff.

I note the thread got a bit tasty earlier this morning. Tensions running high amongst some lids

Gk definitely , just wondering if he isnt getting replaced we should get another goalkeeper coach in , pickford is going backwards, Virginia was highly thought of when we signed him and absolutely stunk the place out at Reading , I watched the games he played , he was an embarrassment, maybe a diffrent coach could give them a boost as on the current showing the one we have now isnt doing much good.

The way Carlo talks I kinda thing we have a surprise up our sleeves and we’re gonna bring in another big signing.
Let’s be honest, if there was anyone out there even a little bit hesitant about coming here, the start we’ve made and the football we’re playing with how quickly James has adapted to the league would surely convince them this is the place to be!

Midfield still worries me when the first choice three aren’t available. We really need Gbamin back, or be able to put Holgate in there from time to time. We can carry one of Davies or Sigurdsson but when we play both their collective lack of pace leaves us open. Brighton fortunately didn’t take advantage but Liverpool would have ran all over us yesterday playing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back