Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we need better players. If Rodriguez and Doucoure play today we probably win that. He's playing a team that's finished bottom half for years plus Allan and Godfrey tonight. It was still a tight game. Could have gone either way.
I don’t think we do win tonight if they would of had jack I think they would of hammerd us

We are 2 quality players from being a top team. One of the best managers in the world is building a team and there are cryarses wanting it yesterday.

No doubt we're frustrating as hell and without doubt crap teams have worked out that the best way to defend against us is to give away the ball on the edge of their own box and watch us pass it backwards to Pickford, but give it time lads.

That performance was not two players away from being acceptable let alone a top team.

We're wasted on here I tell ya. They should run a live feed at GP on the big screen with all our comments read out loud whilst they play. Need fans back in there to give them a kick up the ass. Really wish we were 11th or something so I'd feel less inclined to care. Played Villa.

2nd half at Goodison (we won the first 2 against West Brom and Brighton)

Liverpool 1-1 - the last time we scored the last 2nd half goal in a league game at Goodison
Man Utd 0-1 (already losing)
Leeds 0-1 late winner for opponents
Chelsea 0-0 (won)
Arsenal 0-0 (won)
West Ham 0-1 late winner for opponents
Leicester 0-1 equaliser
Newcastle 0-2 winners
Fulham 0-2 winners
Man City 0-2 winners
Soton 0-0 (held on to 1-0 win)
Burnley 0-0 (already losing)
Crystal Palace 1-1 late equaliser
Spurs 1-1 equaliser
Villa 0-1 late winner

Last 15 W 0 D 7 L 8 F 3 A 14

plus similar against United LC, City FAC

And bring on more crap like Delph? That’s the problem, poor recruitment.

But he didn't have to bring on Delph?

I mean the whole thing could have been avoided had he simply started Davies, like. And then guess what, you have an attacking sub to make in Gomes - who did that role well in December actually.

But, when it's 1-1, the game's drifting, you're at home and need to win to push on for Europe, the player you turn to should not be Delph. And yet he made that decision.

Let’s go away and win at leicester, Liverpool and arsenal.... and lose at home to Newcastle, Fulham,
Leeds, Burnley and villa!!! Knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back