Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how people are so quick to say Leeds will beat Spurs and Leicester will beat West Ham. If that's the case, we have just as good of a chance to beat Bournemouth. But realistically, it would not be a surprise if all 3 teams lost.

Would be unforgivable if this Everton team can’t beat this Bournemouth outfit on Sunday. They are safe . Nothing really to play for . And tbh , I don’t think that they are a great team . They are ok , but not great. They did beat us twice this season , but that was when hapless Frank Lampard was calling the shots. He should have been sacked , after those 2 defeats.
So here we are . One match to stay in the premier league. A home match. Who would we want to play? I suppose , with our inconsistency, any team could cause us problems . I suppose that if I could choose , what team to face , I’d pick , Leeds utd. But it’s Bournemouth , so let’s just beat them .
Under these circumstances , if our players can’t turn up , for a match , of this importance , then they never will turn up.
If relegated , I’d dump the lot of them , barring just a small few. So it’s all systems go on Sunday. Pickford keeps a clean sheet. Our defence stands strong , no mistakes. Our midfield just for once , do what it says on the packet , and perform like a proper midfield. And whoever plays up front , just take their chances . Attack, attack attack. Get the lead . And just win this match. No excuses.
Rant over . Up the Toffees.
Ps…..and no more of this nonsense , next season.

Kane will score 100% imo no matter the game or occasion he wants goals and who better to score against than leeds

Spurs win by 2 at least for me
Think much more concerning is Leicestershire FC as they do have the players to comfortably beat a not-arsed West Ham if they are able to get them motivated for one game. That point at Newcastle could prove to be absolutely huge for them.

If both us and them are drawing they could end with Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Maddison and Barnes all on the field, whereas what have we got to claw us a goal? Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Simms and Iwobi ffs.

It's sad that hardly any of us trust the team to beat kin Bournemouth at home.

The more I think about it, the more of a bad idea a 352 formation seems to be. At the moment we're playing our best when McNeil and Iwobi are high up and leading the press, but if they're both playing at wingback then it's too rigid for them to just charge like they do so well.

The only way we're going to score is by forcing mistakes and getting Goodison going, but if those two are playing more tactical roles then I think the atmosphere will get very tense very quickly.

Just don't get a red card
Unless it’s Keane , celebrating , after scoring our 4th goal , putting us 4-0 up , in the 95th minute. We should be able to manage with him getting a 3 match ban , next season.
Ok , that’s me finished with the nonsense . And I do agree with you . No stupid red cards . Especially early on. So let’s hope the likes of Godfrey and Holgate , if they play , and others , are disciplined. No red cards.
Just hope our players don’t conspire to make this more nerve wracking , than it already is . Up the Toffees. Our at least , staying on the pitch Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back