Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think much more concerning is Leicestershire FC as they do have the players to comfortably beat a not-arsed West Ham if they are able to get them motivated for one game. That point at Newcastle could prove to be absolutely huge for them.

If both us and them are drawing they could end with Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka, Maddison and Barnes all on the field, whereas what have we got to claw us a goal? Gray, McNeil, Maupay, Simms and Iwobi ffs.

It's sad that hardly any of us trust the team to beat kin Bournemouth at home.
They had the same players against Newcastle, their manager actively chose for them to not have an attack of any note for 92 minutes

They’ve also only won 1 of their last 14 games

Let us face it, this squad could beat a disinterested Bournemouth 3-0, but we also know this same squad could capitulate completely and get beaten. I never in all my years as an Evertonian thought I would see the day when an Everton team would go into an important game and we cannot trust them to bust a gut for the club. Bill Kenwright has presided over the complete destruction of all that made this club great. No matter what happens on Sunday the campaign to oust him and his cronies must be stepped up. We cannot face into another season with this complete waste of space at the helm.

Would be unforgivable if this Everton team can’t beat this Bournemouth outfit on Sunday. They are safe . Nothing really to play for . And tbh , I don’t think that they are a great team . They are ok , but not great. They did beat us twice this season , but that was when hapless Frank Lampard was calling the shots. He should have been sacked , after those 2 defeats.
So here we are . One match to stay in the premier league. A home match. Who would we want to play? I suppose , with our inconsistency, any team could cause us problems . I suppose that if I could choose , what team to face , I’d pick , Leeds utd. But it’s Bournemouth , so let’s just beat them .
Under these circumstances , if our players can’t turn up , for a match , of this importance , then they never will turn up.
If relegated , I’d dump the lot of them , barring just a small few. So it’s all systems go on Sunday. Pickford keeps a clean sheet. Our defence stands strong , no mistakes. Our midfield just for once , do what it says on the packet , and perform like a proper midfield. And whoever plays up front , just take their chances . Attack, attack attack. Get the lead . And just win this match. No excuses.
Rant over . Up the Toffees.
Ps…..and no more of this nonsense , next season.
Did you win a bag of commas that you needed to use up?

Didn’t Leeds manage a final day result to stay up last season?

Yes got up to 38 points in the end with a late winner at Brentford (that should've been disallowed).

Pretty sure if it had ended 2-2 v Palace the Arsenal game would've remained active so imagine having to follow getting hammered there and hoping Leeds and Burnley didn't win!

At least this time Bournemouth feels a game where there should be large spells of pressure so need to make a few set pieces count as Bournemouth haven't been great defending them throughout the season.

Yes got up to 38 points in the end with a late winner at Brentford (that should've been disallowed).

Pretty sure if it had ended 2-2 v Palace the Arsenal game would've remained active so imagine having to follow getting hammered there and hoping Leeds and Burnley didn't win!

At least this time Bournemouth feels a game where there should be large spells of pressure so need to make a few set pieces count as Bournemouth haven't been great defending them throughout the season.

42 goals conceded away this season. Only worsed by forest by 1.
(Im ignoring we have the worst goals scored at home)
I need positive thoughts only right now.

Ah my bad, I still thought Leeds where one point ahead of leicester.

Oh ye Leeds deffo in the worst, got the "best" team to play as well.

I think Leeds are 99.99999% down.

I think Leicester will win, so if we don't win Leicester stay up
Agreed. But ….. c’mon Moysie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back