Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 100% record at home under Dyche against teams that will finish in the bottom half :). Albeit it is a very small sample size.

Not looking forward to this.

Can’t help feeling we’re heading for the trap door.

We had our warning last season. Nothing changed.

I think there will be a huge sense of numbness regardless of whether we stay up or drop after the final whistle.

If we survive, people will be unable to come to terms with how the club willingly allowed itself to waltz into a second consecutive relegation scrap when all they needed was to make one of two moderately-priced additions to the squad.

If we go down the fans will experience a feeling that's completely foreign to them and it'll probably take a long time to process that we've lost our seat at the top table and don't know if and when we'll be able to get it back.
I think, as much as we do not wish for anyone to celebrate or relish another last day survival and thus use the pitch as their "celebration" or " commiseration/protest" it is inevitable that encroachment will occur in either scenario. I think for many the relief of a stay in the Prem will be seen as momentous, when we all know it is not a cause for any jubilation there are kids, young and old, families, die hards and casual support etc that will see it as cause to celebrate and for them perhaps they shouldnt be denied that fleeting moment as they have not really seen anything else to celebrate?

Its a shocking indictment, once again of how low the bar has been set.

Of course if encroachment does happen we will be hauled over the coals and face the consequences and if the worst happens I dread to think how nasty it turns and thus harsher punishment to follow?

For me and many of us on here, it is not a reason to find joy in but a pivotal point to begin the reset that is needed but i still feel I will be punching the air just a tad if we secure our status, then focus on getting on board with any action needed to ensure we never see this again. Its gonna be a long journey.

UTFT

Let us face it, this squad could beat a disinterested Bournemouth 3-0, but we also know this same squad could capitulate completely and get beaten. I never in all my years as an Evertonian thought I would see the day when an Everton team would go into an important game and we cannot trust them to bust a gut for the club. Bill Kenwright has presided over the complete destruction of all that made this club great. No matter what happens on Sunday the campaign to oust him and his cronies must be stepped up. We cannot face into another season with this complete waste of space at the helm.

Those 2 results were the catalyst in showing how inexperienced Lampard was.

Cos what followed were key losses to Wolves, Brighton, and Southampton all at home where in game management, naivety, and inability to implement a plan with the players he had compared to those other teams.

Dyche is far more street wise to let Gary O'Neill get the better over him IMO

Any scientists out there who can explain why time has virtually stopped this week?

It seems we have stumbled upon a perplexing phenomenon known as "The Great Time Freeze of Everton."

When it comes to relegation battles and nail-biting final matches, the laws of physics seem to take a leisurely stroll down Goodison Park. Time, that mischievous rascal, decides to play a little game of hide-and-seek with our anxious hearts. While the rest of the world may be busy adhering to mundane notions of chronology, we find ourselves trapped in a temporal purgatory

Minutes feel like hours, hours feel like days, and that 90-minute match against Bournemouth might as well last for an eternity!

There is a scientific explanation behind this phenomenon. When Everton's fate hangs in the balance, a cosmic switch flips, altering the very fabric of time itself. It's as if the universe wants to savor every moment, prolonging the agony or ecstasy until the very last second - like the cruel mistress it often is.

I implore all scientists to unravel the secrets of the "Everton Time Dilation Effect" and enlighten us mere mortals who suffer from this unique brand of football-induced temporal distortion. In doing so, you will unlock the key to everlasting joy or everlasting despair—depending on the final score.

In the meantime, lets find solace in the fact that we are all in this time warp together. United by our shared impatience, we shall endure, hoping that time decides to resume its normal pace once the final whistle blows.

Stay strong, for time may be frozen, but our spirits remain unwavering.

UTFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back