Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll lose, but so will Leicester and Leeds, then we'll realise all of this abject misery and panic over the last 2 weeks was wasted because in reality we were safe after Brighton

We'll lose, but so will Leicester and Leeds, then we'll realise all of this abject misery and panic over the last 2 weeks was wasted because in reality we were safe after Brighton
Not sure about any of this.

Hopefully, we'll beat Bournemouth. Even without a decent striker, we can win.

I think Leeds will get the drop. It's Leicester that worry me. I can see them beating West ham. If they do & we draw or lose, we are cooked.

Another 31 hours of this agony.... Every prediction I`ve seen has said Everton will beat a Bournemouth side with nothing to play for, that makes me uneasy because no longer do we simply turn up and dispatch teams at home, one of our worst home records in our history.

I don`t think Leeds will beat Spurs but I do think Leicester will beat West Ham so it is imperative we win at all costs, it really is 50/50 if by tomorrow night we will be a PL or Championship club....

That point at Newcastle was absolutely massive for Leicester, if they hadn`t got that a draw would have been enough but now we got to go for it which will leave the door open for one of the quickest counter attacks in the league.

Another 31 hours of this agony.... Every prediction I`ve seen has said Everton will beat a Bournemouth side with nothing to play for, that makes me uneasy because no longer do we simply turn up and dispatch teams at home, one of our worst home records in our history.

I don`t think Leeds will beat Spurs but I do think Leicester will beat West Ham so it is imperative we win at all costs, it really is 50/50 if by tomorrow night we will be a PL or Championship club....

That point at Newcastle was absolutely massive for Leicester, if they hadn`t got that a draw would have been enough but now we got to go for it which will leave the door open for one of the quickest counter attacks in the league.
Aye. It’s a dreadful situation to be in.

But…there are several points this season where I thought it would be out of our hands going into this last game , even up to the point where castagne hit that volley on Monday night - so to be 2 points clear now , forcing both other sides to win, meaning we could draw if Leicester don’t win, and could even stay up with a defeat if neither win…is as good as we could have hoped for. We are the only side out of the 3 to claw ourselves out of it with a shock win.

I also think there are some positives to cling on to, we have been playing relatively well in the last few games…especially in the first 20/30 mins of games…it’s imperative we score at least once during that period, goodison will play a huge part - it’s do or die and throughout history the crowd have played their part even at 2v0 a few times..I think dyche has kept calm throughout the whole situation and tackled each match as it comes - hopefully the players follow suit.

The main worry is injuries - DCL especially - but I ‘think’ we will just have enough and we can move on and forget about them all summer.

After a long arduous season of invoking loathing and anger amongst its enthusiasts, Everton decide to take those frayed nerves right to the line in a final day [Poor language removed] or bust special.

Thank you GOT.
Genius.
But it is exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back