Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref did his best to stop our momentum after the first goal with a couple of really dodgy decisions. So important we held on & got the second. Need them coming out fired up.

Thanks @DualityNSNO and @RAFUH

Some finish by Harrison. Up to that point sounded like him and Mcneil weren't having the best of games so hopefully that goal settles him down.
They weren't, to be fair - a lot of running it felt like but nothing to show for it from either, no good crosses or involvement. McNeil had a shot that went quite a way out wide from a decent position too.

Hope with this I've un-cursed McNeil and he scores a worldie as well at least lol

A nice goal difference booster would be good. Even if we’re not much better than them. It will ruin any confidence they have too.

To have any hope of staying up Bournemouth will have to change manager at some point this season. Iraola trying to get this side to play slow passing from the back is a poor fit. They were far more effective with low blocks and quick counters under Gary O'Neil so bizarre to sack him.

They weren't, to be fair - a lot of running it felt like but nothing to show for it from either, no good crosses or involvement. McNeil had a shot that went quite a way out wide from a decent position too.

Hope with this I've un-cursed McNeil and he scores a worldie as well at least lol

Sounded like we were unlucky t not score a 3rd. Was a bad miss by DCL or unlucky to hit the bar as it was a difficult chance?

Seriously, we've been mostly rubbish; just high balls into the box with some good play interspersed amongst the dross.

First goal was a defensive mistake, and the second goal was individual brilliance.

But we are winning so that's a good thing...I can just hear him saying how we are justifying our Xg stats.
I’m on record as having had enough of Dyche, so I’m not defending his style.

But what I expect from Dyche is exactly what we got there. Not great football, but effective football.

None of us can complain at being 2-0 at home at HT, given what we’ve had to put up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back