Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we won, we had least possession... and this is my issue, if we are to be a team that challenges in the top 10 or for Europe you can`t simply let others always dictate the game, especially not relegation fodder..... Our manager has never been a possession based manager so the chances he can ever get us up that far is very very low if impossible.

View attachment 230536

Atletico Madrid were very successul being a counter-attack team that ceded possession.

Of course we won, we had least possession... and this is my issue, if we are to be a team that challenges in the top 10 or for Europe you can`t simply let others always dictate the game, especially not relegation fodder..... Our manager has never been a possession based manager so the chances he can ever get us up that far is very very low if impossible.
I mean, I strongly agree about Dyche, but we are seasons away from that at best whilst we adjust financially. Right now I just want us to get to 40 points a few weeks early for the next couple of seasons. We'll know when we are trying for Europe again when (if?) we get back to investing significantly in the squad. Our current squad is better than relegation, but with the quality in the Prem right now it would be a achievement to get to mid table.

View attachment 230536
Won the xG as well tho - gerrin there!

View attachment 230536
Leicester won the League with just under 45% possession over the course of the season. So, it can be done.

Dyche got lucky today, Gana getting injured in the warm up meant he had to play the central pair that everybody who isn't Sean Dyche can see is our best. Garner was man of the match, but, he would not have had the confidence to play so expansively without the calm assurance of Onana as his partner. It's taken a while for Dyche to see what anyone with eyes should be able to see, Garner must not be played wide right or right back.

We were a bit better defensively, but, Bournemouth were very poor, profoundly v n so, we got away with one, that was a definite penalty for the hand ball by Young. On the plus side, Calvert Lewin continues to improve and looked a lot more like the player he was before his injury worries.

View attachment 230536
That you Roberto? You’d rather have more possession than win ffs?!

We won, have a day off ya great wet flannel.

Goes without saying, but that was a 6 pointer and a game we needed to win. Nice to finally have a relatively routine home win, and a good performance. This is just a start and we need to really build on this now.

Our aim this season has to be finishing around where we are currently, and no worse than 16th. I see us in the bottom quarter mini league of 5 teams (hopefully someone else falls back and makes it 6 or 7 teams) - we need to be better than those other 4 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.