Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is every game now 5 at the back? And 2 in the middle? It doesnt work, how many times do we have to see it?

Off the top of my head we used 5-2-3 at Spurs, Palace, Watford and now Brentford at home. We have lost 3 of them and drawn 1.... Benitez used it incesantly and now Frank is going exactly the same way. IT DOESNT WORK!

Look at the results we got in a 4-3-3!

Think now it’s all about hoping that Brentford beat Leeds next weekend. Think that I would have faith in them quicker than I’d have faith in our bunch beating Palace or Arsenal. We have had chances to move to safety the last week. We haven’t. So as a little security we now have Brentford at home to Leeds. Hope we can do the business ourselves. But who knows with this Everton team.
So come on the Bees. Give your home crowd something to cheer at the weekend. And come on Everton as well. Well come on as best that you can.

Didn't go today due to illness so died a thousand deaths following game on radio and media. I'm just so wound up with the whole palaver and my health taking a battering. Shamefully I still think we'll stay up despite our best efforts to scupper matters. I'd better take a day's break from all things footie in an effort to make sure I can go on Thursday.

Why is every game now 5 at the back? And 2 in the middle? It doesnt work, how many times do we have to see it?

Off the top of my head we used 5-2-3 at Spurs, Palace, Watford and now Brentford at home. We have lost 3 of them and drawn 1.... Benitez used it incesantly and now Frank is going exactly the same way. IT DOESNT WORK!

We were on fire at the start of the game… we then lost a man. Tactically thing we’re good

You've no idea how many times I've been called RS or had fingers given to me. You seem a reasonable bloke though so I'm happy to debate with you.

I've told you how good teams do it. And we had the players who could have done it if the man who can't be blamed had taken action instead of swigging water every time a decision was there to be made. Mark my words, Everton are going nowhere but down with this clown in charge of playing affairs.
You’ve been posting almost a month and have yet to say one postive thing about Everton, its players or manager.

We’re not exactly the greatest team atm so not showering them with lavish praise is understandable but in that time we‘ve won against Chelsea and Leicester so no “thank goodness for that” or “good character shown” comments is a bit odd which presumably has raised some suspicions even if they are unjustified.

We’ve played the wingback formation since Chelsea, we’ve won 7 from 12 playing it

Was it hostile enough today in the
I think Lampard wanted someone better on the ball in Gomes although it's very debatable whether he actually is. Either way, he should've been hooked at half time for Allan to come on and put in a few tackles.

Gomes is such a mixed bag of a player, it’s insane. Loves a shot from outside the box and you’d allow him after previous goals. Can move the ball around fairly well.

Can’t tackle without drawing a foul or a yellow and he turns like a ship.

Allan was needed wasn’t he - even for his tenacity and ball winning ability.

Just not buying this want us to be relegated. If we go down then it's absolutely on the players, or more specifically the board.
Your comments are so true

I lived in Brentford for 10 years for work and could only get upto GP a couple of times a season and enjoy the London away games. So ended watching Brentford a lot(first games was 1-1 vs Mansfield in the now League 2. the club is brilliantly managed.
  1. Matthew Benham invested slowly and steadily
  2. Secured Stadium deal
  3. Candid with fans about needing to play 'moneyball' with players vs investing in youth team
  4. Successful appointments like Mark Warburton and Thomas Frank
  5. Very stable club with great young talent and a manager the guys trust
Contrast that to BK hunched up looking punched out, the dire run of reactive mgt appointments, terrible acquisitions and shady overseas money. Everton's a great club, the fan's showing today, Leicester and Chelsea was superb.

But the leadership is weak, our squad is weak. Frank and the fans can lift us to a draw or win on Thursday which I think will likely be enough.

But the board is rotten. BK needs to go, Mosh and Usmanov are a curse we need to rid ourselves of and find another way to achieve the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.