Match Thread Everton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's unrealistic to expect an immediate and sustained improvement. If expect to see Wolves improve over the next few weeks and months. Southampton have taken more of a risk.
True. But it’s all a risk with Everton. And that’s just what I’d like to see Lampard (;if he survives all this ),do , take a few risks. Play Ellis Simms in a few matches. Even play him alongside D. Calvert - Lewin. Play 4 in midfield. Go without wingers. Play the ball up the middle. Get Our fullbacks up to speed on the wing play. They can’t be any worse at getting a few crosses in , than Gordon, McNeil and Gray., And at least they will then track back.
And what I would really like to see , is Lampard taking a risk , and changing things at halftime , if things are not going well. Maybe even sooner.
Anyhow , I’m not going to ramble on. We really could do with a few risks being taken. See were it leads us. At least then we will find out about a few players. But I’ve a feeling that Lampard isn’t in the risk taking business.
Will be interesting to see how he approaches the Man Utd match., I’ve a feeling it will be similar to the cup match at Bournemouth. But I hope not.

Ever noticed how other prem teams, like bad teams make passing the ball at speed look very easy whereas we make it look the most difficult thing in the world.
Yeah. Just finished watching Leeds v West Ham. Rapid, quick movement and passing. And these are the teams fighting the drop with us. Gnonto for Leeds is some player too. Gordon, McNeil and Gray should take note.

Still feeling numb after that. Started well and who knows what would have happened if one of the early chances had gone in.

Difference was Brighton looked a team that had cohesion and an attacking plan. We simply moved the ball from random player to random player hoping something would happen.

Defence shocking all game. Laughable to hear anyone describe Patterson as Premier League standard. His stupidity coupled with Frank's inexperience or arrogance as a manager meant Coady and Tarks exposed constantly. Patterson should have been pulled at half time whilst the game was still there to be had.

Thought Iwobi at least showed signs of some attacking flair whilst Gray was at least callig for the ball whilst others went missing. Dominic Calvert-Lewin offered nothing.

I hate to say it but Lampard has to go. There's no coming back from this. It's no a desperate salvage mission til the end of the season. Big Sam esque required. And then we are back to square one if somehow we are lucky enough to survive. A total mess.
This.
Didn't perceive a lack of effort on the players part. They huffed and puffed to an acceptable level.

Lack of talent, lack of cohesion, lack of a game plan as a team, lack of ideas individually, lack of intensity in their movement, lack of confidence, lack of leadership, lack of belief.

Lack of a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back