Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, I don't really care how low are possession is as long as we are winning games. All i want this season is mid table mediocrity and no continuous threat of relegation. Whatever we have to do to achieve that is fine with me.

I think we're all in agreement there mate, just didn't expect quite this level of disparity, going to be a record breaker and don't see how we can keep it up for 90 minutes. Hopefully be proved wrong.

I think we're all in agreement there mate, just didn't expect quite this level of disparity, going to be a record breaker and don't see how we can keep it up for 90 minutes. Hopefully be proved wrong.

Other than their disallowed goal, they don't look that threatening. So seems to be working.

BBC
Reactions

1. Posted at 15:4615:46

5aaae4e2-8b99-4d7b-a83b-1c9336b3a52f.jpg

Absolutely not for me.
    Just a coming together of shoulders between Veltman and McNeil. So correct decision.
    Article Reactions

2. 'Everton protecting what they have'​

Everton 1-0 Brighton
    5aaae4e2-8b99-4d7b-a83b-1c9336b3a52f.jpg

Pat Nevin
    Former Scotland winger on BBC Radio 5 Live at Goodison Park
    At the moment it really has settled into a pattern of attack v defence. Brighton dominating the ball and Everton sitting deep.
    Everton are just sitting back and protecting this one-goal lead. They had been looking to contain and break but that has gotten less and less as this half has gone on.
  3. Posted at 15:4515:45

Post update​

Everton 1-0 Brighton

Shamoon Hafez
    BBC Sport at Goodison Park

Everton are doing well to snuff out any Brighton danger here.
    Striker Evan Ferguson has barely had a kick because the colossal Jarrod Branthwaite is handling him out there.

We have been in 3 relegation fights on the run, have Dyche as the Manager and are playing Brighton so i fully expected it mate.

Just hope we can keep it up like you say. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back