Not open for further replies.

---------------- DCL ----------------
--Richarlison ----------- Gordon --
--------- Gomes - Doucouré ------
---------------- Allan ---------------
Nkounkou ------------------ Iwobi-
--------- Holgate - Godfrey -------
-------------- Pickford -------------

Would be very surprised if we get anything from the game, and although there's a less than 0% chance that this'll be the team, this could be the most dynamic XI we could put out at this point in time - one key element we've been missing over the past six weeks or so.

We won't get the ball forward. Not to mention the pure comedy of Gomes trying to shield the backline.
I get it that he cannot tackle, but I would have Allan and Doucoure pressing; leaving Gomes as the extra man. He could start attacks with Doucoure and Allan both more advanced. This is a better option than Davies and don't get me started on Gyfli (by a country mile the worst player in the league this season).

Wing backs to supply the width, Doucoure box to box. Not ideal, but what else is there?

I would play 442 and launch it with a flat back 4. Our midfield is crap, our defence is fragile. Get it forward and put their defence under pressure too. No faffing about with square passes in the midfield. We are not a possession team and I hope we never are.

If we hoof and play very aggressive we have a good chance.

Last edited:

I get it that he cannot tackle, but I would have Allan and Doucoure pressing; leaving Gomes as the extra man. He could start attacks with Doucoure and Allan both more advanced. This is a better option than Davies and don't get me started on Gyfli (by a country mile the worst player in the league this season).

Wing backs to supply the width, Doucoure box to box. Not ideal, but what else is there?
We would be better off just playing with ten than Gomes in that spot because at least the rest of the players would understand that the gap exists in that spot where if Gomes played they'd expect him to cover things and be too slow to react when he doesn't.

I want to unleash Allan and Doucoure with proper cover too, but Gomes is very far from being that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back