Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday.
Another game.
More potential pain.

I'll put the rs defeat into a box, lock it and throw away the key sometime this week. I'll also move on from the pathetic excuse of officiating and I'll scramble through the dirt and dust of another defeat and find some positives (of which I know there were a few for a change)

Side for Sunday, who has played themselves into/out of contention

maccas marauding maniacs starting 11

GK Pickford
RB Coleman
LB Mykolenko
CB Mina
CB Keane
CM Delph
CM Doucoure
CM Iwobi
LW Gordon
RW Richarlison
ST DCL ( unless injured ) and if he is i want Dele on the pitch somewhere/anywhere/false 9 inverted pivot crap type of thing

We must win
We have to win

Goodison will be amazing, it'll be a game talked about for years to come for all the right reasons. Everything feels hopeless but hope is not lost YET. We are down, but WE ARE NOT OUT.

maccas most meffy score prediction

Everton 3-1 Chelsea

UTFT
I think their team might be more significant on the day, and their motivation
Reece James is nursing a hammy, left out as a precaution v West Ham but I imagine will play Utd, likely rested again v us
Alonso has been playing all but 9min in the last 6 games or so including some extra time, he needs a rest, no spring chicken
That leaves RLC at RWB and maybe Saul at LWB... both not great and Wing backs are key to Tuchels system(he says it all the time)
He may try 4 at the back again which they struggle with and would be Sarr LB Azpi RB
Rudiger(a mainstay) is nursing a groin and Hammy but not serious, again they have eyes on the cup final so beating a plummeting Utd could see them safe in top3 and resting a lot(this applies to Leeds to of course, but if we beat them the leeds game wont matter as much at all)
Kovacic is out and he is key for them. Kante is off form. Front three of Haverts/Werner and Mount need resting and Lukaku does not suit them at all
The likes of Pulisic and Ziyech could come in and are dangerous
They were very flat against a very depleted West Ham, not impressive at all.
A fired up Goodison with a determined performance can do it
It matters more to us and the players need to let them know that early
I know I'm rambling, apologies.
Point is, we can do it. They are not at their best atm for a number of reasons and we simply have to take advantage of it
COYB

I think their team might be more significant on the day, and their motivation
Reece James is nursing a hammy, left out as a precaution v West Ham but I imagine will play Utd, likely rested again v us
Alonso has been playing all but 9min in the last 6 games or so including some extra time, he needs a rest, no spring chicken
That leaves RLC at RWB and maybe Saul at LWB... both not great and Wing backs are key to Tuchels system(he says it all the time)
He may try 4 at the back again which they struggle with and would be Sarr LB Azpi RB
Rudiger(a mainstay) is nursing a groin and Hammy but not serious, again they have eyes on the cup final so beating a plummeting Utd could see them safe in top3 and resting a lot(this applies to Leeds to of course, but if we beat them the leeds game wont matter as much at all)
Kovacic is out and he is key for them. Kante is off form. Front three of Haverts/Werner and Mount need resting and Lukaku does not suit them at all
The likes of Pulisic and Ziyech could come in and are dangerous
They were very flat against a very depleted West Ham, not impressive at all.
A fired up Goodison with a determined performance can do it
It matters more to us and the players need to let them know that early
I know I'm rambling, apologies.
Point is, we can do it. They are not at their best atm for a number of reasons and we simply have to take advantage of it
COYB

Good post mate and definitely good news for us that they've got that extra game on Thursday.

Small margins is what we've got to take advantage of.

I noticed there is a request for Fans to greet the team off the bus. I posted something recently that was a request for as many children to send messages of support to team and to put something in the message of what it means to them that they give all. It would be great to see the kids hand something to the players with this in mind what do you think?. #Doitforthekids

_________________________Pickford___________________________
Coleman________Mina?____________Holgate?____________Myko
__________________Doucs__________Allan_______________________
__________________________Iwobi________________________________
Rich_____________________________________________________Gordo
_________________________Big Sally_______________________________

Wouldn't hate seeing Dele get a start either, but I'm not sure Chelsea is the game for it. We need everyone working both forward and back. CB is also a mystery. No idea who's healthy. No idea who starts.

Sunday.
Another game.
More potential pain.

I'll put the rs defeat into a box, lock it and throw away the key sometime this week. I'll also move on from the pathetic excuse of officiating and I'll scramble through the dirt and dust of another defeat and find some positives (of which I know there were a few for a change)

Side for Sunday, who has played themselves into/out of contention

maccas marauding maniacs starting 11

GK Pickford
RB Coleman
LB Mykolenko
CB Mina
CB Keane
CM Delph
CM Doucoure
CM Iwobi
LW Gordon
RW Richarlison
ST DCL ( unless injured ) and if he is i want Dele on the pitch somewhere/anywhere/false 9 inverted pivot crap type of thing

We must win
We have to win

Goodison will be amazing, it'll be a game talked about for years to come for all the right reasons. Everything feels hopeless but hope is not lost YET. We are down, but WE ARE NOT OUT.

maccas most meffy score prediction

Everton 3-1 Chelsea

UTFT
Love you Macca ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.