Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gibson should be starting, provides the drive going forward with the ball that we don't get from Barry and McCarthy, especially home games were we expect to dominate. I think it was an ideal game to give Barry or McCarthy a rest as well if Roberto was insistent on resting players.

After 15 mins Palace moved up the pitch and defended from the top; as soon as we stepped foot in there half they were trying to stop us playing, this didn't happen in the first 15 and we had the game in the bag. Once they pushed up the pitch they stopped the fluidity of our play, forcing errors; the same thing we did last year.

Warnock setup to defend on the edge of the box, this wasn;t working because we would have went about 5 up inside 30 minutes; he moved his players further up the pitch.

This individual error argument can only go on for so long; this is now 13 goals in 5 game and that is concerning.

I am not talking about the last 4 games though, Just this one

Errors have cost us today, How you can't just admit that is baffling, 3 shots on goal all game and they have three goals to show for it, Hardly a frigging master class in tactics

I would love to no his training methods that introduce errors into seasoned pros

What has changed from last season? Same back 4 same tactics same everything, He's not gone into pre season and said "Right lads great defence performance last season but I think we should start playing like morons and make some costly errors every game"
So if we have everything the same as last season and the management can't be held accountable why are we conceding 6 against Chelsea 3 at home to palace, 2 to arsenal and Leicester.

This is true.

I doubt it was part of Martinez's game plan for Howard to get lost in his own box or Osman to spend 20 minutes on the ball.

He did select Osman though, and chose to leave him on when he'd given the ball away several times.

It's not Martinez's fault players make errors, but he's paid to make the calls on selection and substitutions. I didn't have too much problem with his selections but the substitutions were odd, not so much in who came on but in who went off.

We had the ball loads, but not where it hurt palace. Noone had enough guile or skill to consistently cause Palace a problem in the final third. The players we have who can do that, Barklay, Mirallas, Coleman, Pienaar were not on the pitch at the start of the game for various reasons. Getting them back will make a huge difference. We need to play in a way that gets Lukaku facing their goal. People are right to be concerned, it's far too easy to score against us. Let's see what the manager does about it.

Howard to blame yes, but how many times did we give the ball away! Absolutely shocking.

How many times are year do we go through this? A chance to gain some ground on those above us and we bottle it EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Not making excuses, because I'm fuming as much as anyone, but it does that seem that nearly every shot the opposition has is ending up in the back of the net.

...in the league like, because Wolfsburg should have scored 3/4 too. Sigh.

Interesting that RM evidently thinks McCarthy is a better RB than Stones. A waste of a substitution that. [Poor language removed] knows what Besic is thinking when he sees that sort of thing happening, and his being left on the bench again.

I don't think Osman played badly at all. Ok he lost the ball in midfield for their third, but since when should making a mistake 40 yards out result in us conceding a goal? We're just not organised properly defensively at the moment. The result is that the opposition look dangerous EVERY time they're on the ball in the last third, whether they've worked it there themselves or, as with Osman's mistake, been gifted it.

Our performances and our scorelines are indeed looking very Wiganesque this season. Worrying.

So if we have everything the same as last season and the management can't be held accountable why are we conceding 6 against Chelsea 3 at home to palace, 2 to arsenal and Leicester.

For the most part our CB's are playing horribly, They look out of form and don't look like they can win anything in the air

Same team as last season, Same back four, Would love for you to tell me what Martinez done/said over pre season to cause this drop in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back