Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have 30% possession and three shots on target all game

How can Martinez be held accountable for us losing taoday?

Sorry mate but as bad as Jags and Distin have been all season they were not at fault for any of the goals.

The first was a cock up between Stones and Howard. Stones should have hoofed it into the stand but he must of thought Howard would get it, but all Howard got was the Player.

The second was all Howards fault. He came for a lofted cross and completely missed it.

The third was Osmans who completely missed the 20,000 decibel cry of "man on" from the Goodison crown and allowed the Palace player to take it off his feet just outside our penalty area.

i agree the goals were individual errors but anytime Palace had any gumption of going forward tell me whether you felt confident with the two of them at Centre back, i certainly don't, not at the minute. Defensively in two home games we have conceded 9 goals, that's not all down to individual error, there is something fundamentally wrong with our back four, and for me Jags and Distin together are a big part of that. Dont get me wrong, they have both been brilliant in previous seasons, but football is not a game for sentimentality and at the moment they are a liability together.

Howard to blame yes, but how many times did we give the ball away! Absolutely shocking.

How many times are year do we go through this? A chance to gain some ground on those above us and we bottle it EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I think that is the Achilles heel this season, our passing game isn't functioning as effectively.
We're losing the ball too easily and teams have learned how to press us and how we don't retain possession when pressed

Why doesn't Besic get more of an opportunity to play. Ok he made an error against Chelsea. But he is a technically sound player with plenty of ability with the ball and also he looks good at reading the game when the opposition are in possession.

I am not talking about the last 4 games though, Just this one

Errors have cost us today, How you can't just admit that is baffling, 3 shots on goal all game and they have three goals to show for it, Hardly a frigging master class in tactics

Its much bigger than today, thats the point. From day 1 something doesn't look the same, theres far to much space being allowed.

3 shots on goal all game, really; i can remember one hitting the bar as well. But its nothing to do with how many chances they had, its how easy they found space and the damage that can be caused if world class players are allowed so much room, time and freedom. This all stemed from Palace starting to defend on the halfway line rather than the edge of their box; they put are players under pressure, forced mistakes and picked up the ball. They were then allowed to run with the ball or pick a pass with little or no pressure from our attacking unit, or midifled unit.

And this goes back to my entire argument; last year we defended from the front. We were a tight unit, closing space down in packs and from the front. This year seens different, less urgency, balls finding the way to the back four and putting them under unecessary pressure when in most cases in should have been dealt with further up the pitch.

Take the Atsu incident for example, looses the ball and the player (Bolassie i think) was allowed to travel 40-50 yards and straight onto Stones. Last year would have seen McCarthy or Barry over there in a flash, or even Stones pushing up and Jags covering behind with one of the 2 midfielders filling in at the CB position.

I just can't calm down. They can fck off, derby and United game will be a horrific experience.

We need to get some points from those games otherwise we will be in a trouble.

Not sure why Martinez made all the changes after good results against WBA and Wolfsburg. Assuming Coleman was still feeling effects of concussion, he rested Mirallas and Naismith for this game. Why - so they can play in the League Cup against Swansea and be tired for the game against the RS?

I think with Mirallas and Nais playing we would have turned that early domination into more goals and not had to tire the team out chasing the game for the second half.

Also - League is more important than League Cup Roberto!

Its much bigger than today, thats the point. From day 1 something doesn't look the same, theres far to much space being allowed.

3 shots on goal all game, really; i can remember one hitting the bar as well. But its nothing to do with how many chances they had, its how easy they found space and the damage that can be caused if world class players are allowed so much room, time and freedom. This all stemed from Palace starting to defend on the halfway line rather than the edge of their box; they put are players under pressure, forced mistakes and picked up the ball. They were then allowed to run with the ball or pick a pass with little or no pressure from our attacking unit, or midifled unit.

And this goes back to my entire argument; last year we defended from the front. We were a tight unit, closing space down in packs and from the front. This year seens different, less urgency, balls finding the way to the back four and putting them under unecessary pressure when in most cases in should have been dealt with further up the pitch.

Take the Atsu incident for example, looses the ball and the player (Bolassie i think) was allowed to travel 40-50 yards and straight onto Stones. Last year would have seen McCarthy or Barry over there in a flash, or even Stones pushing up and Jags covering behind with one of the 2 midfielders filling in at the CB position.

You wear a suit when you play FM don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back