Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually called Martinez Moyes walking out of Goodison today, and i didn't mean it!

It was a Moyes performance, play players out of position, rest players in form, stand by and watch players do the same mistakes over and over, make crap subs. Last 10 mins overload.

Such a poor poor game, i'm genuinely worried he can't see these mistakes.

Osman missing a sitter then doing his walking with the ball messed this up
Howard being clumsy, messed this up
The defence not doing their job, messed this up
Stones at RB, messed this up.

Why rest players?? ARghhhh. I don't even have a point, something about messing something up

Martinez was shocking today I thought.

Osman should not start a game whilst Besic and Gibson are available.

Why tinker with your defence? Keep Stones CB and don't mess with the back line, only make necessary changes.

Osman was having a shocker and Atsu was coming into the game getting to the byline, he takes Atsu off and Osman subsequently causes a goal.

Between McCarthy and Barry we had no one willing to pick the ball up off them or drop off their man to receive the ball. Massive gaps between them and Eto'o, Osman and Lukaku.

Towards the end He had Eto'o wasted on the wing whilst the ball was bouncing off Lukaku.

Poor poor management today.

Last edited:
For the most part our CB's are playing horribly, They look out of form and don't look like they can win anything in the air

Same team as last season, Same back four, Would love for you to tell me what Martinez done/said over pre season to cause this drop in form

And there we have it pal, something must have been done/said cause this team is not the same as last and the buck stops with the manager.

I actually called Martinez Moyes walking out of Goodison today, and i didn't mean it!

It was a Moyes performance, play players out of position, rest players in form, stand by and watch players do the same mistakes over and over, make crap subs. Last 10 mins overload.

Such a poor poor game, i'm genuinely worried he can't see these mistakes.

Osman missing a sitter then doing his walking with the ball messed this up
Howard being clumsy, messed this up

The defence not doing their job, messed this up
Stones at RB, messed this up.

Why rest players?? ARghhhh. I don't even have a point, something about messing something up

Your blaming Martinez for that?

Its much bigger than today, thats the point. From day 1 something doesn't look the same, theres far to much space being allowed.

3 shots on goal all game, really; i can remember one hitting the bar as well. But its nothing to do with how many chances they had, its how easy they found space and the damage that can be caused if world class players are allowed so much room, time and freedom. This all stemed from Palace starting to defend on the halfway line rather than the edge of their box; they put are players under pressure, forced mistakes and picked up the ball. They were then allowed to run with the ball or pick a pass with little or no pressure from our attacking unit, or midifled unit.

And this goes back to my entire argument; last year we defended from the front. We were a tight unit, closing space down in packs and from the front. This year seens different, less urgency, balls finding the way to the back four and putting them under unecessary pressure when in most cases in should have been dealt with further up the pitch.

Take the Atsu incident for example, looses the ball and the player (Bolassie i think) was allowed to travel 40-50 yards and straight onto Stones. Last year would have seen McCarthy or Barry over there in a flash, or even Stones pushing up and Jags covering behind with one of the 2 midfielders filling in at the CB position.
Absolutely spot on all this.

I get it: Osman didn't have a great game, but the scapegoating on here is over the top in my opinion. Could just as easily say that Howard cost us two goals. Plenty of blame to go around. Including Martinez. Love Roberto, but I think two of his subs today were poor (and that includes NOT taking Osman off). The subs were bad in themselves and, as others have noted, can't have done much for Besic's confidence. Very bad day at office, but I'm not panicking about the season or even the derby (any more than normal). Strange game and typical hangover from a big game on Thursday.
Agree on all that ! mistakes I can put up with and they're either punished, or most of the time not! what I can't have is nuggets missing open goals because basically they're brainless lucky water carriers who frankly have no more talent than 99% of park players I watch on a Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back