Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually fuming more today, than i was yesterday.
Howard - The pen, just why? why?
Howard - The catch, again why??
Stones at RB, doesn't work, never works, won't work...
Distin and Jags together, they've now conceded 13 goals as a partnership.
Osman - Turns out he's deaf :( so i'm not gonna slate him for missing a sitter and for helping them score a third.
Baines - About 4 times stood there with his arms in the air asking where the man infront is.
Eto'o - What a player, let's stick him on the wing and leave him out of our play.
Atsu - Sigh.
Lukaku - CBA, but well taken goal, and he actually ran for it
Martinez - Bad lineup, bad subs, bad tactics, bad management.
Everton - 14th, conceded the most in the league, playing Liverpool and United next in the league...
Fans - Remember preseason when everyone laughed at our bad displays and said "better to make the mistakes now" NO!! It doesn't work like that! It never has, we kept making the mistakes all preseason, then 5 games in we're still making them, we're shattered, players are being rested. Utter joke of a preseason and for that Bobby is blamed.

In conclusion:
What is going on!?!? Although i did say i'd be happy with 15th and the Europa league won...so they're doing better than i'd hoped.

FEWMING!

Is Jags still worthy of being captain? I don't get the sense he fires up the team, he seems to instil panic mode than anything. Perhaps it's worth giving the armband to Barry or Bainsey for a game or two?

Looking back at the highlights last night, the fume died down a bit but 2 of those individual errors were absolute howlers and nowhere near Premiership standard. I would have thought the team would be raring to get among them and run up a cricket score, especially as the first goal was notched up fairly quickly. Why ease off / sit back and let the bottom team in the league off the hook like that?

In conclusion: the mentality's still not right and it needs addressing pronto.
No...and I think Jagielka might be the first to admit this

And yes, we are missing Ross Barkley a whole stonking lot. He is so incredibly important to us, and his injury was, and still is, an absolute disaster.
This 100%.

Barkley gives us pace and power and a presence that occupies the opposition. The whole shape of Everton takes a turn for the worse when he's absent.

He can't get back quick enough. We'll struggle until he does.

There is something about this display that has touched a nerve in me. I am never normally so fluorescent with fume over a sporting result as I am today. Why is this?...it is because we are making the same fundamental mistakes/flagrant error again and again, game after game.

If I were in the dressing room I would be kicking more than a few hairdryers about the place...and that includes at RM.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH...we deserve better

<rant over>

We go to Swansea with that same starting line imo so they can make amends, need to keep miralles naismith n mcgeady fresh for the weekend and not injured. Priority is PL and El, not league cup. We use our squad rotation for that, and maybe EL.

There is something about this display that has touched a nerve in me. I am never normally so fluorescent with fume over a sporting result as I am today. Why is this?...it is because we are making the same fundamental mistakes/flagrant error again and again, game after game.

If I were in the dressing room I would be kicking more than a few hairdryers about the place...and that includes at RM.

<rant over>

That!! No leaders, big Dunc should be allowed to voice off in dressing room and on the sidelines

Jagielka's captaincy is a burden Moyes left us. Can't get rid, can't drop him, can't do anything.
the irony is, I suspect no-one would want the burden of captaincy lifted from him more than the foot soldier, that is Jagielka. RM is paid about 50,000 pounds a week to make decisions to effect positive change. It is time he stopped all the 'I thought we were magnificent today' bullshitisms...and started calling a spade, a spade . Barry should be made captain...yesterday

76% possession first half, we were dominating them then Howard gives them 2 goals, a route back into the game then something to hold on to.

Howard cost us that game, and he will be apologising to the team as I type this.
I dont buy into al
Jagielka's captaincy is a burden Moyes left us. Can't get rid, can't drop him, can't do anything.
Why cant we drop him.
If other players see the captain getting away with below par performances,how will they react?

Everton struggling against lower placed teams shocker
yes, mate...but we were supposed to have moved on from that. We haven't. And I require RM to address this immediately. He has one of the best jobs in English football...with carte blanche managerial powers: as an employer myself, I suggest he starts exercising those in a more ruthless fashion.
Listen, I appreciate he is not responsible for the brain fades we saw today....but there is something fundamentally weak at Everton's intrinsic core. The first redressing of this is leadership on the field...sack Jags as captain. I suspect RM won't do this, and for the first time in his tenure, I thus doubt his fortitude.

<rant over>
Fluorescent with fume, I like it! Ever considered a career in journalism lid?

I dont buy into al

Why cant we drop him.
If other players see the captain getting away with below par performances,how will they react?
The captain is there to provide an example, but I guess they will stand behind him if he's the one to be dropped.

You can't drop your captain, he should be a leader and a first name on a squad list. Jagielka is not but either way Roberto is not able to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back