Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags offers important cohesion in the dressing room, even if he doesn't show it out on the field. That's going off what I've heard and read about him.
I do agree Barry offers that voice on the pitch though and perhaps if things stay as they are the captaincy should be revisited.

Does anyone else think Martinez will be at a loss as to why a very good defensive unit has suddenly started leaking goals and making daft errors nearly every game?

Its baffling me, It's not like he's brought in 1-2 new defenders and introduced them into the back four, Its the same tried and trusted defence that has been solid for a long time, We have the same two DM's in front of them and we play the same way as last season, If anything you would think the defence would have struggled in the first season Martinez was in charge when he had them passing out from the back

Does anyone else think Martinez will be at a loss as to why a very good defensive unit has suddenly started leaking goals and making daft errors nearly every game?

Its baffling me, It's not like he's brought in 1-2 new defenders and introduced them into the back four, Its the same tried and trusted defence that has been solid for a long time, We have the same two DM's in front of them and we play the same way as last season, If anything you would think the defence would have struggled in the first season Martinez was in charge when he had them passing out from the back

Yep if anything you have thought we would have improved because it's another year together. I think we've made more mistakes this season than last altogether and that's what you definitely can't legislate for

yes, mate...but we were supposed to have moved on from that. We haven't. And I require RM to address this immediately. He has one of the best jobs in English football...with carte blanche managerial powers: as an employer myself, I suggest he starts exercising those in a more ruthless fashion.
Listen, I appreciate he is not responsible for the brain fades we saw today....but there is something fundamentally weak at Everton's intrinsic core. The first redressing of this is leadership on the field...sack Jags as captain. I suspect RM won't do this, and for the first time in his tenure, I thus doubt his fortitude.

He's been in the job 1 year, Moyes had 11

Baines should have been captain without a doubt, was in the form of his life at the time too and he is a proper leader and an icon I think. Love him.
Disagree. Baines infuriated me against Wigan when at 3-0 down he decided to kick the ball out for their 'injured' (time wasting) player. He often does this in other games with his Mr Nice Guy routine. Baines' form is slipping fast, Oviedo should never have been dropped to bring Baines straight back.

Disagree. Baines infuriated me against Wigan when at 3-0 down he decided to kick the ball out for their 'injured' (time wasting) player. He often does this in other games with his Mr Nice Guy routine. Baines' form is slipping fast, Oviedo should never have been dropped to bring Baines straight back.
If you're going to pull up incidents like that then noone would be captain

I am so so so angry about that.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED LAST YEAR

Completely replace the midfield just as they were starting to gel. Leave Osman on more than 60 minutes - he CANNOT last longer than an hour.

Atsu was good in spells but wasteful. In contrast they had 2 shots and a penalty and had 3 goals. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN APRIL.

Make no mistake I cannot see us getting points against Pool or United even in their current state with our defending. We will get torn apart and then we'll have 5 points by mid-October and we'll be lucky to get mid-table.

argh I'm upset. Hold me.
Our defence was fine, three howlers is what cost us not generally bad defending like the first 3 games.

Although Utd will be fun - I wouldn't be surprised if that game has 10 goals in total.

The captain is there to provide an example, but I guess they will stand behind him if he's the one to be dropped.

You can't drop your captain, he should be a leader and a first name on a squad list. Jagielka is not but either way Roberto is not able to do anything.
That's why he is manager to make decisions and show he is the boss.

I HATE it when our team kick the ball out of play seemingly as soon as they see an opponent on the floor. Campbell went down and as soon as the ball was out of play he was on his knees then back standing up a few seconds later. So frustrating, I agree mate.

Other teams know how to play us now and the surprise factor has gone.
We play so much in our own half with a slow tempo and have come predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back