Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday was down to 3 horrible individual mistakes. As a manager you can't account for that, no matter what Roberto does he can't account for Howard missing that simple catch or Osman losing the ball like that. Well he can account for Osman as he is crap.
I don't think RM views Osman as crap. Quite the opposite in fact. So do not be too surprised if he starts in the derby

I don't think RM views Osman as crap. Quite the opposite in fact. So do not be too surprised if he starts in the derby
He'll start Osman and say something like "we need players who understand what it means to play in derby games". We'll then proceed to get dry bummed and hopefully that'll be Little Leon's Phil Neville moment and is the last we have to see of him.

Osman can pick a pass occasionally up top, but his slowing the pace of our attacks, fairy girl shooting power, crap passing (backwards and sideways) and complete lack of strength kill us.

I sigh every time he is coming on the pitch.

Question to all the Osman haters.....

What exactly makes you more qualified to judge Osman as against one of Europe's most forward thinking managers, who also sees Osman day in, day out in training?

What exactly makes you more qualified to judge Osman as against one of Europe's most forward thinking managers, who also sees Osman day in, day out in training?
I just articulated a very similarly themed post in the Swansea match thread. Neither Moyes nor RM are fools - and they both really rate Ossie. And whilst I think 90 minutes match time might stretch him, I am pretty certain he will one of the first names on the team sheet. Some posters have (rather sentimentally) put Hibbo in the derby team as well, but I consider it unlikely he will displace Coleman. I hope Hibbo gets a start tonight though.

I don't care at all about being qualified. I have eyes and opinions and that's all I need.

He is weak, gets brushed off the ball and falls to the ground far too often, looking desperately at the ref hoping he will save him. And we got punished for this very reason Sunday. For someone who gets in good positions in the attacking third, he cant shoot for [Poor language removed], he misses so many chances from just inside the box or just outside because of his tame efforts.

I have no idea why Moyes and Martinez rate him, although you could say the fact that Martinez has dropped him to become mainly a backup now shows that he thinks hes not a starter anymore.

I actually don't mind his 20 minute cameos, seems like he has more of an effect and is more alert and energetic.

I've just made myself watch the highlights.

Proper lol at the state of Howard lol
Think he'd had a bit too much Coors Light before the game. Appalling performance. Should probably have apologises publicly to the fans who paid to go to the game.

So someone needs to be more qualified than RM to have a valid negative opinion on Osman's non-offensive contribution?

He's the only player that hasn't been linked with a move away. Literally the only player. If City don't want him when they want every other player including Hibbert and Unsworth...then he's crap.

Plus i've heard he makes a cracking brew and Bill won't risk losing that

ITK

Well Martinez chose not to play him the first three/four games of this season. So it turns out he knows his stuff.

I imagine there has been a host of clubs over the past decade who have secretly coveted Osman's signature. That he has rejected all these to stay an Evertonian demonstrates Hibbo-like loyalty. I would love to see these two club legends take the field tonight. However, I think rewarding loyalty should only go so far and I would be less keen on seeing both these players in Saturday's starting XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back