Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Jags as captain this season is the players he should be talking to are himself, Distin and Howard. What's gonna do - make a note to self - stop making stupid mistakes? Hard to come down hard on others when you are guilty of same errors.

Rooney gave the MU defence a right earful yesterday during the match. Jags is not going to do that to himself or the other defenders. I agree with others - Barry should be captain.

Could well be right Coach, but regardless of what Eggs says I still think Osman should have been ditched. Was Coleman injured?

....Toffee, I stick up for Ossie because he's a good footballer but I wouldn't push for him to start games in this squad and at this time. He's still useful to have around - we'll have to agree to differ on that one.

Best part about the game yesterday is that we have a game tomorrow. Definitely need to erase that one from the mind.

Mental preparedness and communication in the back. Thats our weakness.

We look good going forward so clearly the team just needs to find some chemistry. Apparently Distin is past it.

Warning, when I went on holiday on September 6th, we were rubbish, since then we've been boss. I'm now back, so if we hit the rocks today I'll take full responsibility. Anyway 3-2 for what it's worth.
May I apologise for yesterdays result, I accept full responsibility. If the GOT community would like to have a whip round and send me back to Spain before the weekend, feel free.

I'll say something if we lose heavily to liverpool and Utd the knives will be out for martinez, if the players in particular the defence respect the man they better start getting their act together otherwise everyone will be in for a long season.

I'll say something if we lose heavily to liverpool and Utd the knives will be out for martinez, if the players in particular the defence respect the man they better start getting their act together otherwise everyone will be in for a long season.

I don't think it will be that early. Pool and United are both bloody good teams. Yes United fell apart yesterday but their offence is frightening. Pool are a shambles but Balotelli on his day can be world class and Sterling is exceptional. And they always up their game for us. We could have Messi Ronaldo Ibrahamovic Bobby Moore etc and they could have Titus Bramble and they'd still win somehow.

However, I would say if we are still in this form in December, then serious questions will be asked.

We just need a run of form. How can we play like we did against Wolfsburg and then fart out a defence like that against Palace?

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to turn on anyone
Martinez is safe in his job, our players are safe in theirs - yes they need to improve, but I kinda imagine their personal aspirations are better motivators than the risk of fans turning on them.
The team is still developing, and this is a bit of a crap run we're on. We'll get it right.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to turn on anyone
Martinez is safe in his job, our players are safe in theirs - yes they need to improve, but I kinda imagine their personal aspirations are better motivators than the risk of fans turning on them.
The team is still developing, and this is a bit of a crap run we're on. We'll get it right.

It's past that mate we are shipping goals left right and centre. I think the whole wigan defence record will be on alot of fans minds and if we are anywhere near the relegation spots 7 games in i think with the big expectations this season and the quality signings we made etc. I think the fans will be voicing their concern

I don't think the knifes would be out , but most of the good will from last season would probably be gone.

Moyes had a disaster the start of the season after we finished 4th but the kinfes weren't out for him.

It's past that mate we are shipping goals left right and centre. I think the whole wigan defence record will be on alot of fans minds and if we are anywhere near the relegation spots 7 games in i think with the big expectations this season and the quality signings we made etc. I think the fans will be voicing their concern

The fans currently are voicing their concerns
Everyone is voicing the concerns
No one including Roberto or the players have ignored the fact that our defence is doing terribly at present
But even if the defence remains dismal after 7 games i think it would be outrageously premature to call for knives out-
we know what this team is capable of
and there is ZERO benefit to hysterical pressure from the fans

Yesterday was down to 3 horrible individual mistakes. As a manager you can't account for that, no matter what Roberto does he can't account for Howard missing that simple catch or Osman losing the ball like that. Well he can account for Osman as he is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back