Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
au contraire butters. You know for a fact that I have many times complimented you on your contributions to this forum...I was serious then, and I am semi-serious now
That's most generous of you.

Also :lol: at semi-serious.

Anyway, I only post here when I am bored at work and need to revert to an annoying online persona to brighten up my day.

but we got beat by palace at home, they are shocking and we were worse, that result is down to martinez messing about with the team, howard messed up but end of the day it was all down to martinez poor decisions, hes defo turning us into wigan at the back.

I am not saying you are wrong as I have no way of knowing long term if our defence will be sorted, Just wondering if you could tell me what you think Martinez has changed since last season that has seen us leak goals

We have the same back four, We are playing the same formation and we are playing the same type of football, What has he done to see us decline at the back?

The thing is though we aren't really in a hugely bad position. Only three points behind City, two behind Spurs, one behind the RS, and on the same number as United. String some wins together and we'll surge up the table. Only 5 games in with plenty of football to play too.

It's not the position we're in that annoys me it's the position we could/should be in, but aren't because of our own stupidity.

It's not the position we're in that annoys me it's the position we could/should be in, but aren't because of our own stupidity.
yeah and it is incredibly frustrating. Dropped points is a killer of the soul really. Instead of having a solid platform to build from for the top four we have to fight back and scrap for those points now. Everton that.

Howard

SC JS SD LB

JM GB (cpt)

AM SN KM

SE

That for me is the 11 i would start with tomorrow if all fit.

Bobby has said Jags is struggling with form, so rest the lad, take him out the spot light, our CH play around to much in the wrong areas, Cant remember the dog (think it was a Birmingham CH) that once said "Ive never met a player that can score from row Z" , sometimes as a defender that is what is needed.

I am not saying you are wrong as I have no way of knowing long term if our defence will be sorted, Just wondering if you could tell me what you think Martinez has changed since last season that has seen us leak goals

We have the same back four, We are playing the same formation and we are playing the same type of football, What has he done to see us decline at the back?

He's told them to start making regular howlers to make his job harder because last season was too easy.

I thought Jags and Distin played reasonably well. Not that Palace generated much of a consistent attack to judge them against. Stones was exposed against a much faster winger, and the crosses that came from him getting beat with pace were the most dangerous situations Palace were able to generate. For me, the illcommunication that led to the penalty is on Howard, not Jags/Distin/Stones. Honestly, that's two matches in a row where the defense should have had a clean sheet but for bad individual errors (Gibbo - Howard - Howard - Osman).

Maybe I'm naive but I don't see these dumb mistakes continuing.

quite interesting that us,utd and liverpool are all having similar problems...
It's a weird season already.

We've scored more than Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs...infact we're the second highest goalscorers behind Chelsea.
Yet we've conceded the most in the league, and the others aren't doing great either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back