Everton v Crystal Palace. 21st Sep at 16.00.

Result?

• Everton

Votes: 286 83.9%
  • Palace

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
but we got beat by palace at home, they are shocking and we were worse, that result is down to martinez messing about with the team, howard messed up but end of the day it was all down to martinez poor decisions, hes defo turning us into wigan at the back.
Spot on, why Martinez instructed Howard to take a man out for a pen and miss a catch i don't know!

An what was with the "Osman stand on the ball until tackled" tactic?

Proper Wigan tactics.

Its hard to stay positive after that but im gonna try.palaces goal led a charmed life and we gifted them 3 goals.coleman was sorely missed and I also think that game showed how important naismith has become to the team

I'll be cheering on Newcastle, Sunderland and Burnley in the next few games because we do have an annoying habit of gifting teams their first win of the season.

Thank goodness I was at the Southport Air Show and missed all this and so bemused at result gave MOTD a miss.
Welcome to Wigan MK11.

The Air Show by the way was brilliant.

....I didn't expect defeat, I really didn't. Credit to Palace, but all 3 goals were clearly avoidable and all as a result of basic errors. Errors that rarely happen at this level, even rarer 3 in one game.

Not sure exactly what happened and who to blame for the first but it was a communication error. My instinct is that Howard shouted it was his ball and the 2 defenders were shielding it. Howard got there too late. If he didn't shout then it should've been cleared by Stones. There was very little danger. It was a mess.

The 2nd is a keeping error. It does look like the forward gets his arm into Howards but he often shows his physique in photo shoots and should've used that in this instance.

The 3rd is clearly Osman's fault. I'm a big fan of the little fella but he dawdled and has no excuse. There was sill work to do and Palace did it.

I was a little concerned with our shape and said so before the game, but I don't feel it contributed to the goals conceded. Osman and Barry missed great chances but we scored twice and would've won only for errors.

....I didn't expect defeat, I really didn't. Credit to Palace, but all 3 goals were clearly avoidable and all as a result of basic errors. Errors that rarely happen at this level, even rarer 3 in one game.

Not sure exactly what happened and who to blame for the first but it was a communication error. My instinct is that Howard shouted it was his ball and the 2 defenders were shielding it. Howard got there too late. If he didn't shout then it should've been cleared by Stones. There was very little danger. It was a mess.

The 2nd is a keeping error. It does look like the forward gets his arm into Howards but he often shows his physique in photo shoots and should've used that in this instance.

The 3rd is clearly Osman's fault. I'm a big fan of the little fella but he dawdled and has no excuse. There was sill work to do and Palace did it.

I was a little concerned with our shape and said so before the game, but I don't feel it contributed to the goals conceded. Osman and Barry missed great chances but we scored twice and would've won only for errors.
Agree with this. Also Lukaku had at least one cleared off the line, spooned one over the bar from 6 yards and Mirallas went close from 2/3 yards out.

Saying that Lukaku's form is a concern. He is pretty much non-existant at the moment. No movement, no touch, can't make a pass, doesn't win headers - we are carrying him at the moment. He looks like he needs a rest. I would be playing Naismith behind Eto'o myself.

Agree with this. Also Lukaku had at least one cleared off the line, spooned one over the bar from 6 yards and Mirallas went close from 2/3 yards out.

Saying that Lukaku's form is a concern. He is pretty much non-existant at the moment. No movement, no touch, can't make a pass, doesn't win headers - we are carrying him at the moment. He looks like he needs a rest. I would be playing Naismith behind Eto'o myself.

Could well be right Coach, but regardless of what Eggs says I still think Osman should have been ditched. Was Coleman injured?

ROM is a lucky lad as he has time on his side but his hold up play is shocking.

Bobby should make him watch the tape of everything he touched outside of the box with his back goal.

Osman is a squad player and the palace players just bullied him all game as many do !

Anyone else work out why we could,nt move the ball forward past our midfeild without the ball going sideways or backwoods? Eto,s hold up play second to none so he must have been marked out which left us throwing it in to ROM !

Bobby got played this sunday - no two ways about it. Swansea could be rough unless he gets this sorted out fast and the only way he can do that is to go 451.

Drove three and a half hours to go to the game yesterday and then drove another 3 and a half hours back feeling rather deflated.

As far as I am concerned we gifted Palace that. If Ozzie had taken his chance at 1-0 it would have been a different story.

Even at 1-0 we were all over them until they got their pen - and then we just seemed to be a different side. Lukaku when with his back to goal is awful to watch. He can't hold it up very well and the amount of times it bounced 3-4 foot away from him after his first touch was awful. When he's running at goal or at least "played through" he looks dangerous. But with his back to goal... nah.

Stones is a CB. This RB business has to stop. I'm hoping Bryan will be back soon and he can cover for Seamus.

And to cap it all off, I stopped at the first service station on the way back and as I came out after paying, I saw an R8 at the pump behind me. Out gets Alcaraz. How he earns the money to buy that car I will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back