Status
Not open for further replies.
HIIII

Attachments

• 029DB355-5FCB-451B-90EA-00A959771495.jpeg
    029DB355-5FCB-451B-90EA-00A959771495.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 126

Brief story of my day:

I called my Palace friend mid afternoon - I don't suppose your boys can take the day off do you? And he laughed!

Arrive at 5pm because @Yanndalf1 (of Twitter fame) wants to go to Dixie - I'm not terribly interested and walk around the ground taking shots of the ground in the quietude pre-match - including a blue rose lodged in the brickwork of the Bullens - perhaps someone memorialising a loved one.

I meet him post coach arrival and we share a drink and a song: There's plenty of noise and the usual songs including "and we love our Neville Southall" (the cheerleader is a little bit the worse for wear and is forgetting the order..)

Meanwhile I am prompted to recall the famous 60s chant of "it was on a lovely Saturday...... we gave the Owls a 2 goal start but we still won 3-2.." (more of this later!)

And so to the game - Palace were up for it were they not.. and apart from more generosity from Taylor might have lost Ayew to a red card before he scored the 2nd Palace goal. But obviously we don't see our opponents red carded for challenges no different to Allan's or Rondon's..

And wasn't it spooky that the match mirrored the Wimbledon game in so many ways - 2 down to goals at the Street End including a soft, misdefended 2nd. Fighting back to 3-2 including another Segers flap by Butland for the equaliser (this time) - cue another pitch invasion a la '94.

And so to the new version of the '66 song

It was on a balmy Thursday
In the lovely month of May
That we all went to Goodison
To see the Toffees play
There was Alex I and Young Gordon
And we played in Royal Blue
And we gave the Eagles 2 goal start
But we still won 3-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.