Everton v Espanyol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine 6 months ago I said on here that come the start of next season, Big Sam would be England manager and Roberto would be the Belgium gaffer ?

You would be laughed off the forum.
Would you laughed at if you said both would be sacked this time in 2 years ? Doubt it !

...we've needed competent back up for Lukaku since he came here, amazing that we have failed to find that. I appreciate quality forwards are hard to find but It has to be the most obvious failure of our recruitment system for the last few years.

I'm not a twelve year old.
I've not wet the bed for a while.
I'm not a virgin either.

Can I start to panic a bit please lids ??

Im afraid Barça being hugely popular all over Spain would say thats not true. And whilst some spanish people do give a damn about about catalán or basque independence theres many who dont really care either way.

Very biased post obviously informed by a dislike of the club I guess? I have some friends here now watching the game who would be lifelong Espanyol fans and also very much or independence.

On topic Espanyol are going to be a decent team this year so its a good test, don't think the performances has been so bad up to now.

Fair enough. Having worked in Valencia, which shares a very similar flag and language, my experience was that they really saw Barca/Catalan nationalists as having a superior attitude to the rest of Spain.

Surprised but interested to hear that there are Espanyol fans who support total Catalan independence. I have never met one but I live and learn every day!! In Alicante at the moment - the far south of Valencia Communitat. Very proud of language and identity but see the idea of Catalan independence as not viable.

I tend to agree unless they go something like Liechtenstein. As for Barca no warmth towards them. Seen as arrogant and bullying- mind you they feel the same about Madrid!

I honestly feel like I have been transported to a league game last season. Quiet crowd, slow tempo, no urgency, ball getting played around the back, mis-placed passes and no clue in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back