Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lewis Dobbin '83

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big picture is we have no goals in the squad

Young and Branthwaite aren't going to change that. And Dyche prefers Keane over Branthwaite anyway.

I'm not negative for the sake of it. The problems are starting us right in the face but we haven't dealt with them.
You are totally ignoring Danjuma, chermiti, the other signings we are pushing for and DCL summer physio in Germany so you can moan

I think there are many valid points on here, we created a lot of chances, should have slotted at least 2, defended well for the most part, the one criticism I have is that we should have created even more with some of the overloads we created particularly 1st half. It’s early days but a Top 6 team would have comfortably scored 5 yesterday given the same situations that we found ourselves in. That’s is partly execution part quality but we should have had the game wrapped up early.

There’s loads of valid points in here but ultimately we got exactly what we deserved - nothing.
Yes, we created more chances in one half that we probably did in 6 games last season but the lack of a clinical striker or a brain between Doucoure’s ears undid us. That miss from Doucoure is absolutely rotten. Just like that one on one chance he had against Leeds at home last season, anything offering him more time to think instead of hitting it on instinct and his end product is feeble.

Our desperation for goals both from the terrace and on the pitch is going to undo us. We all know the problem. The board have ignored the problem for 2+ seasons.
We don’t have the players to try and keep it tight and pinch a goal, and when we’re well on top we’re always going to be susceptible to results like yesterday.

i haven’t seen ANYONE do it
Season ticket waiting lists? Sell outs every week? Refusing to protest?

Most of yous are absolutely buzzing with all this and if you aren't then you are the definition of stupid, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

For as much as some like to say our fans kept us up last season and the season before etc, which to a certain degree is true. Responsibility also needs to be taken for the negatives from the fanbase too.

It was a really good first half yesterday and in all honesty we should have been up by at the very least 2 goals. But just minutes into the game you could audibly hear groans when a player would misplace a pass. And now imagine if your a striker for Everton and havnt scored in a while, you have your first chance of the game and keep the shot low and hard and miss. Then you hear some fans shouting abuse at you straight away. What that does is makes you think? I'm just going to keep it simple, every shot I will just hit straight at the target and take no risks and that's effectively what Maupay did. He didn't want to try a cute finish or something that might beat Leno in fear that if he did the abuse would be so great it just wasn't worth it.

We all know the limitations of this Everton team, so why are some getting on their backs literally minutes into the game. Its counter productive and could be part of the reason Everton lost yesterday. You could just sense the negativity early on. We know we need a striker it's glaringly obvious, but support the team that is put out there and deserved to win.
Maupay got a good round of applause for his early effort and the crowd backed the players until Fulham scored their goal and the crowd went quiet, knowing the possible outcome although not all that many left the game until the very end.
The only noticeable audible moans came after that pathetic effort from Onana in the second half when he passed the ball back to the Fulham ‘keeper, think it was a pass it certainly wasn’t a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back