• Rondon '86

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Allan

Votes: 9 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are an injury or two more in defence from having Gbamin as the next centre back option…and god knows who as a next full back option…Townsend/Iwobi…

Don’t even have any left backs in the u23’s do we? He’s not the answer either but reckon they will be looking at options to recall nkounkou?

I imagine the CB pecking order after Branthwaite is Coleman, Gbamin and then DCL. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that..

The modern game never ceases to amaze me, when a player is injured its all panic station's because we don't have a natural replacement. Back when football was a proper game (he, he, he!) I remember players like Mikey Lyons started off as a striker, but ended up as a make shift centre half, and the rest is history, and he most certainly wasn't the only one to ever change positions, look at Coleman, wasn't he originally a right-winger? Not that I am advocating sticking Cent Tosun in defence, but 'Shirley' we have some more adaptable players available, otherwise blood one of the real young, youngsters.

This is bleak ,usually the deluded optimism takes a couple months to fully evaporate. This time its lasted a week. Frank's seriously hobbled by a dearth of options. Before a Benitez acolyte pops in with the point how he too had to endure injury woes. He at least had an actual left back which he exiled, and godfrey could deputize as right back. Frank still needs to stitch something coherent together, somehow

Just watched the manager press conference. Not looking good, he doesn't look that confident to win it this weekend either.

I think Frank really has to go 451 this week - play Gbamin in the middle, Allan and VDB as box to box. We don't want to go three at the back, one more injury there would really cause alot of problems. If Mykolenko can't play - I struggle to think who we'd put there - maybe Branthwaite.

Expect DCL to play but he's going to be really off the pace, and there's too many new players in the team and its going to be an ugly game. I know we all want to win, but id settle for a draw for this one against a Leeds side that's one of the fittest in the league.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Holgate Branthwaite
Allan Gbamin VDB
Deli DCL Richy

I know i left out Gordon, i didn't watch the Newcastle game, heard he had a good one, but perhaps he can come on at 60 min and play the last half hour and get us the win. I don't think we need to burn the kid out playing 3 games within a week. Deli is not a winger either, so Townsend could probably start this one, take Gbamin off later and put Deli on and go for the win.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back