Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re not worth getting angry about for me these days, they continuously let you down. It’s why I never get carried away and just enjoyed the opening games good spirits whilst they lasted. Everyone could see the quality in depth wasn’t there anyway.

I’ll always want them to win, in a defeat or poor run tho they’re not worth the energy of being downhearted as it’s always one step forward and two or three back. It gets tiresome so anything of a positive note now is just a nice surprise.

The term is ‘self deprecation’ not ‘self depreciation’...I have noticed this error in one or two posts.
Now, Everton: losers, but we know that. I feel the RS result worked against us as the pressure went on the lads to take advantage of their (the RS) dropping points. Our lads, our club, just do not do pressure. They lost today’s game when the full time whistle went at Brighton.
We will finish the league in a pressureless 8th to 12th position...same next year and every year after that.
The lads will do a fabulous Blue Chrimbo though...

NSNO
I honestly don’t think our players, or most players, really think that deeply about the game. We lost because we’re simply not good enough. We all hope it improves.

Would rarely argue with a wordsmith like yourself, D, but on this occasion I’m afraid you’re wrong: as Goat once wrote: Math never Maths; here: self depreciation never deprecation.

Put Chico right on this once and to his credit, he’s never wavered.

Jonte
...hmmm, might I suggest you google ‘self deprecating vs self depreciating’...and report back your findings

I meant this....

In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following definitions apply:
• “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition
• “interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or
touched by a team-mate
• “interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from
playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball
“gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball
i. that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position
ii. that rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position
A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.
The goal came of Rhicos hand arm anyway.......watch it .,......

did we watch the same game here? Everton were outplayed - from start to finish pretty much.

Is this an Everton forum?
Well we werent.
Leeds where blowing for tugs after 70 - 75 mins and with all the chances from both sides not taken they fortunately take the lead .

2 goals ruled offside ( 1 wrong imo ) and their keeper MOM.
More shots on target than any other game this season for us.

We were always in the game mate.

Was worried about this game and sadly my instincts were correct. We’re too easy to play against and Doucoure seems to be picking up tips from Sigurdsson!

Another weekend ruined by Everton. C’est la vie.

Even with fit full backs the 3 centre backs doesn't suit us, our back 3 aren't good enough ball players to play it. Its a formation that can lead to our defenders to be unaccountable also, easy to pass the buck onto the next player. Zero accountability, it leads to things like Godfrey being half arsed getting out to close Rapinha down. We need 2 top class full backs and 3 combative midfielders, Allan yes, Doucoure no and James definitely not.

Missed opportunity today. Hopefully we can fix things.

Well we werent.
Leeds where blowing for tugs after 70 - 75 mins and with all the chances from both sides not taken they fortunately take the lead .

2 goals ruled offside ( 1 wrong imo ) and their keeper MOM.
More shots on target than any other game this season for us.

We were always in the game mate.

I think you need glasses - both goals were off side - its a terrible performance for a home game. Leeds were comfortable winners in the end

Even with fit full backs the 3 centre backs doesn't suit us, our back 3 aren't good enough ball players to play it. Its a formation that can lead to our defenders to be unaccountable also, easy to pass the buck onto the next player. Zero accountability, it leads to things like Godfrey being half arsed getting out to close Rapinha down. We need 2 top class full backs and 3 combative midfielders, Allan yes, Doucoure no and James definitely not.

Missed opportunity today. Hopefully we can fix things.
James is fine playing as part of a front 3 or as a number 10. Just need some proper steel in behind him. Allan is great, just need to add someone else in there. Doucoure not doing it for me atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back