Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We seem to have stumbled across a formation that at least seems to give us some balance.

We’ve actually got options in midfield, can see Delph Allan Iwobi starting with VdB and Doucoure to come off the bench.

Gordon DCL Richarlison up top.

Coleman Godfrey Mina/Keane (hope not) Mykolenko at the back.

It’s as close to a settled line up as we’ve had for ages.

If we can avoid conceding early they will tire at some point and I would bank on the Goodison crowd pushing the players to see them off later in the game.

AS long as we dont have fresh injuries from the training ground,
Pickford
Coleman, Godfrey, Keane, Mykolenko
Delph
Gordon, Allan, Iwobi, Richarlison
DCL

Mina to come on after 60 and Doucoure/VDB just after that as old legs tire. Then bring on Grey for the last 15-20.
The early goal will be vital. Need another controlled game from Delph and high energy performances from Gordon and Richarlison

I'd play Rondom before DCL. Hes been shitzer since coming back and believes all the hype. Play Godfrey left back although Mykelenko was better last game. Bring Mina back in.

No matter how badly DCL is playing, you've got to remember how absolutely crap Rondon is. Benitez was so stubborn with using him that he basically helped get his best mate sacked as he was that useless for about 8/9 games on the spin

No way should Mykolenko lose his place either.

I'd keep the same team unless Mina is fully firing. VDB to come off the bench around sixty for Iwobi to try and control possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back