Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodison under the lights can be very special indeed.

Some have argued that this is one of the most important matches in our club’s illustrious history and I agree. The very survival of our club is at stake here; if we go down this season for the first time in well over seventy years we are in big trouble, financially and in every other regard.

Leicester are an excellent side: Recent Premier League champions, current FA Cup holders and UEFA Cup semi-finalists. They’ve also beaten the RS this season. BUT… if the Goodison crowd is up for this one like they were up for the Man Utd game… we’ll have a chance of causing an upset and maintaining our top-flight status. Or at least taking a step towards maintaining our top-flight status.

Some have argued that this is one of the most important matches in our club’s illustrious history and I agree. The very survival of our club is at stake here; if we go down this season for the first time in well over seventy years we are in big trouble, financially and in every other regard.

Leicester are an excellent side: Recent Premier League champions, current FA Cup holders and UEFA Cup semi-finalists. They’ve also beaten the RS this season. BUT… if the Goodison crowd is up for this one like they were up for the Man Utd game… we’ll have a chance of causing an upset and maintaining our top-flight status. Or at least taking a step towards maintaining our top-flight status.
Can you imagine 10 years ago that we'd be calling a win at home against Leicester an upset? It's a funny old game. Would be a massive result

Wish this was tonight, the waiting between games is horrid in a relegation scrap.

I’d play the same team that beat United except with Mina in for Keane. DCL has been gash for whatever reason, but the only other option is Rich through the middle and Gray on the wing. Think I’d rather keep that as plan B.

Wish this was tonight, the waiting between games is horrid in a relegation scrap.

I’d play the same team that beat United except with Mina in for Keane. DCL has been gash for whatever reason, but the only other option is Rich through the middle and Gray on the wing. Think I’d rather keep that as plan B.
I'd play the same team precisely. Mina won't be match fit, will he?

Leicester are a decent side.

Not an “excellent“ one.

Their away record in recent months is almost as bad as ours.

We have beaten both Arsenal and United at home….drew with Spurs and we were unlucky not to take a point when City came.

It will not be an “upset” if we beat them.

I quite fancy we will.

COYBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back