Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by their line-up at the weekend, they're probably going to have their European team out tomorrow, which is unfortunate.

I think it'll be a more difficult game than United, but at the same time, they don't really have anything to play for in the league, and will be unlikely to want to kill themselves rescuing the game if they go behind.
They won’t want it up em. Maddison is about as combative as a comatose buddhist while most of the others will be pulling out of 50/50s to make sure they don’t get injured. We need a strong ref because this lot (especially Maddison) will be rolling about pretending they’ve been shot from the first 5 minutes onwards. The fans are once again the most important factor for this game

They won’t want it up em. Maddison is about as combative as a comatose buddhist while most of the others will be pulling out of 50/50s to make sure they don’t get injured. We need a strong ref because this lot (especially Maddison) will be rolling about pretending they’ve been shot from the first 5 minutes onwards. The fans are once again the most important factor for this game
Strong ref? Is there a decent ref in the entirety of the premier league? But I do agree with your post

Strong ref? Is there a decent ref in the entirety of the premier league? But I do agree with your post
Yes you’re right, I think I need to retune my wording and say we need the weakest ref available instead. Someone who is going to be intimidated by the fans and just let the game go as much as possible. There’s plenty of those refs! Although there is also plenty of narcissistic bells who will want it to be all about them as well, we are in trouble if one of those turns up.

These are in 9th place, 14 points off Europe and 15 points off relegation. the archetype of a mid table team with no real league goals except finishing a few places higher and/or staying respectable. their eyes are on Europe this year. Lets hope so anyway.
This really. They have us, Villa, Roma, Spurs and then Roma again before playing us 3 days later in the next couple of weeks. I reckon gnashers will be gunning for Euro glory more than league. In fact, they have ten games in the next 32 days

These are in 9th place, 14 points off Europe and 15 points off relegation. the archetype of a mid table team with no real league goals except finishing a few places higher and/or staying respectable. their eyes are on Europe this year. Lets hope so anyway.

Thought the same.

Had a glance at a fan forum and to my surprise, a fair few describing it as a 'must win'...

Weird?

Most discussion there seems to be around Everton/Burnley - wanting us to be relegated.

I don't want us to relegate you lot but I'd be disappointed to just hand you the points. Set pieces will be your best bet at grabbing a goal, we're ridiculously bad at defending them
Fortunately it would not be you lot relegating us. We are not great at set pieces though. I expect a high tempo, aggressive game from us at home, we should be well fired up,will be interesting to see if you lot are up for it.
Dewsbury-hall has been impressing lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back