• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
Onana Garner
Harrison Doucoure McNeil
DCL

I would love a 442 but there’s no way we should drop Garner, Onana or Doucoure after their last starts so I think we’ll see this
I doubt Harrison will start tomorrow, be a lot with such a short break since Vila. I would also think DCL might drop to the bench.

No everton player should attempt to play the ball backwards in the first 10 minutes. Start aggressively and get the crowd going.
It's theoretically possible as well given the new kick-off rules. Nice thinking! Does however mean we'll essentially need to score every time we get possession unless a game of sideways-passing is attempted.

but that's not how we played the other day? so just trying a random formation whilst we have a bit of momentum
Harrison and Danjuma were quite close to DCL a lot of the time, they just defended wider; it's not that different imo, especially considering Doucoure was playing in the left channel a lot against Brentford.

Harrison's touches against Villa (playing on the right):
Screenshot 2023-09-29 141012.webp

Doucoures touches against Brenford (playing behind the striker):
1695992922508.webp

Granted, he's picking up the ball deeper and more often vs Brentford, but it's not that far-fetched to say Doucoure could play in a front three, given he's our top scorer, our fifth most frequent dribbler (after Beto, Lewis Dobbin, and Myko), and has the most key passes per 90 of anyone at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back