Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge game to show our progression, this.

Those last two games have been fantastic - but we have pulled freak results out of the bag throughout the last few seasons, and I'd like some chunky evidence that the last two weren't that.

Beating a lowly side at Goodison has proven far too difficult in the last couple of years - and really it's been that deficiency more than any other that's dropped us in the muck.

If we win, I'll start to believe.

Making the 9 hour round trip to go to this one, can’t wait after the last couple of games!
My recent record at Goodison is not good so please don’t screw this up blues…

My last three games were 1-3 versus Fulham, 2-5 versus Watford and 0-2 versus Norwich with Silva getting sacked on the drive home…

Sure you wouldn't rather stay home?

Huge game to show our progression, this.

Those last two games have been fantastic - but we have pulled freak results out of the bag throughout the last few seasons, and I'd like some chunky evidence that the last two weren't that.

Beating a lowly side at Goodison has proven far too difficult in the last couple of years - and really it's been that deficiency more than any other that's dropped us in the muck.

If we win, I'll start to believe.
If we win, I might start to dislike Dyche less.

For the first time in ages it'll feel like Dyche will have multiple options for this.. although I think it may end up being a mistake if he overthinks it too much.

4-4-2 may not actually be the play from the off here, but nice to have as an option for later.

1695903815857.png

Ok how much do you want for your tickets and a bar tab at your local?

Pickford

Young Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko

Garner Onana

Harrison Doucoure McNeil

DCL

Drop Gana for me in this, go for it, Garner & Onana looked like a really good pairing on the ball.

Theres a case for patterson to come back in, but because of the performance against Brentford id leave the 4 as is.
This would also be my XI as things stand.. maybe Patterson for Young though.

No matter who we play at home starting fast and aggressive is the way to go, it gets the crowd up and once that happens we normally play well.

It should be a comfortable 3-0 win, we still need that clean sheet we haven't managed this season yet.

I think I'd start Beto in this one. He seams to do better as a starter than an impact sub. Myko if available if not Young

Pickford
Patterson - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko/Young

Harrison - Onana - Garner - McNeil
Doucoure
Beto

That should be enough for Luton, but of course we are Everton...

Status
Not open for further replies.