Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the perfect game to play Beto and DCL for me.

We have very little to no options in the middle of the midfield so Onana and Garner will keep their spots.

I am still not sure on Danjuma as a No 10/Doucoure role so I would prefer to go all out wingers.

We have a very structured back four so let's get the ball in the box for two targets instead of leaving DCL to just fight up top on his own.

We also have Garner who can find a central ball and link up play.

XI v LUTON:

Virginia
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
Harrison Garner Onana McNeil
Beto DCL

This is the perfect game to play Beto and DCL for me.

We have very little to no options in the middle of the midfield so Onana and Garner will keep their spots.

I am still not sure on Danjuma as a No 10/Doucoure role so I would prefer to go all out wingers.

We have a very structured back four so let's get the ball in the box for two targets instead of leaving DCL to just fight up top on his own.

We also have Garner who can find a central ball and link up play.

XI v LUTON:

Virginia
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Mykolenko
Harrison Garner Onana McNeil
Beto DCL
it would make more sense to play Chermiti and DCL/Beto, DCL and Beto are too similar and cant seem to work it out on the short spell we saw them together unless they've been working on it in training.

Virginia
Patterson Tarks Branthwaite Myko
Onana Garner
McNeil Harrison Danjuma
DCL​
Should be good enough for a win

Wouldn't opt for 442 in this one, we went 2 up top against these earlier in the season and they dealt with it easily, the temptation to knock it long etc. Good opportunity for DCL to end his drought, they may rest 1 or 2. Doubt theyre all that interested in a cup run

it would make more sense to play Chermiti and DCL/Beto, DCL and Beto are too similar and cant seem to work it out on the short spell we saw them together unless they've been working on it in training.
Chermo and Beto for me, give it a go.

It's costing us 50M eventually so let's see what we bought.

Think if we play the 2 big lads up top it will suit Luton . They can deal well with hoof ball.
Pretty sure we tried it second half of the Luton league game with Beto and DCL up top. We had lots and lots of the ball compared with other games, but were rubbish, lacked urgency and didn't create much at all.

I'd play Danjuma as a second striker in a 4411 type system rather than Beto and DCL

Virginia
Patterson tarks Branthwaite myko
Onana garner
Danjuma Harrison mcneill
Dcl

How I see it anyway

Think that's what it will be, hope Beto plays though. Got a feeling we may go to a back 3 / 5 with the lack of options in midfield.

Virginna

Patterson
Tarkowski
Keane
Branthwaite
Mykolenko

Garner
Onana

Harrison
Beto
Danjuma

I think Chermiti, like Young and Dobbin, will make the bench because they played midweek plus it gives us "some" options off the bench.

I would love to see some of our under 21's make an appearance - Walsh, Whitaker and Onyango

A win will do but wouldn’t mind hammering them 5-0 to hopefully dent their confidence for the league and boost ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.