Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Waffle, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately this is Everton, absolute failure of a club from top to bottom.... from Chong all the way down to the tea ladies, failure is ingrained right through the club...
We are certainly miles off where I want us to be. I am hoping against hope we get those points back to take a bit of pressure off but we have a lot more problems in the club than solutions, that’s for sure. Things can change quickly for the better though so here’s hoping!!

A brief summary of how we played? Anyone?
Started badly.
Got worse.
Tried a bit harder.
Only made things more difficult.
Krul threw one in for us.
Got sucker punched again the exact same way as the other three times.

Standard. There doesn't seem a lot of guile in this squad, there's bluff and bluster but not a lot of quality. A real ball player would stand out like a sore thumb. We're in a right old mess and have no doubt.

Well stuff me sideways, that was awful today, complete lack of quality and finesse. The seemingly endless crossing into the box without care is really starting to grind my gears too. I get the tactic may be playing for percentages, picking up a deflected clearance whilst defensive shapes might be off but jesus h it's really getting tedious. 442, well I guess we got what we wanted to see. I could see glimpses with DCL, or Beto coming deep and then turning the ball round the corner down the wing or onto a midfield runner, but they both really lacked the quality to consistently hold the ball then pass with correct direction, or weight.

I know we were turbo garbage, weak willed and out battled by Luton, but I’ve just watched some of those ref and var decisions from today and I’m completely baffled as to how their first goal was given and how we haven’t got a pen or more fouls for the holding on Beto.

Just mad.

The finish from the Maidstone striker today was levels above anything DCL could do.
Beto missed two very good chances today .... nothing said ..... DCL looked void of confidence today ..... I posted about that lad with 19 games under his belt scored a cracker & made one in won the DCL thread - plus Broadhead our ex forward was through on goal early on & hit the keeper .... our training schedule must be pants for scoring goals

Apologies for this guys, but I didn't think I'd have another chance to wheel out this photo so soon. My pint celebrating the site of another famous victory...

hbwgxMc.jpg
Well done mate. Enjoy it.

A smidge bothered maybe re how poor we are but not a flying ballix re getting knocked out. I dont think we have the squad to handle the cup. I think you seem to be more bothered about me not being too bothered 😉 .
No mate I don't. Didn't mean to put you on the spot but I just felt any defeat in a competitive game would always bother a blue no matter how big or small. I was horrified today after that yet over the years I feel my anger lessening for each defeat. Wasn't my intention of putting you on the spot :)