Match Thread Everton v Man United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This team have installed a confidence in me as a fan. The morale in the training vids is better, with more intensity and it's showing on the pitch and finally in our results. Going to be a tough game tonight but I think we've got a good chance of getting a result. Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the bench. Gordon back in although I wouldn't mind starting McNeil just to boost his confidence. Would be nice to get Garner on the pitch at some point too.

View attachment 186528

First time in a long time we have some consistency in selection and it’s showing. Everyone can name the probable line up now.

Gueye is the key. If he has a good game, we will boss this.

Midfield is key. The Brentford game last season shows what happens if Eriksen has space. 11 v 11 he wasn’t noticeable, once we went down to ten he ran the game. Fernandes is the same. If the midfield three can shut those two out then a lot of their threat is gone.

Midfield is key. The Brentford game last season shows what happens if Eriksen has space. 11 v 11 he wasn’t noticeable, once we went down to ten he ran the game. Fernandes is the same. If the midfield three can shut those two out then a lot of their threat is gone.
Here's hoping that Rolando is in one of his moods and says something passive aggressive and belittling in Portuguese to Bruno as he enters the pitch which completely kills his confidence. ?

How come this game is being played at 7pm on Sunday night?

(And also, how come there wasn’t a lunch time game yesterday). Train strikes?

Just annoying that Martial is back. Always climbs off his sick bed to score against us. Fernandes often pulls out his best performance of the season against us also.

Cos we always let Fernandes take pot shots outside the box.

Although that's away. Different at GP

Giddy for this. What a difference from the feelings going into match days last season.

I'd prefer a win but I'm guessing a late Everton equalizer will make for a 1 - 1 final scoreline.

I know United have good individual players and I don't doubt we'll be up against the match officials as well but I'll be disappointed if we don't win this.

They are a shadow of their former all conquering sides, the intimation factor has gone and our current side (so far) don't seem overawed by any opposition.

We look pretty solid but scoring goals isn't done frequently enough meaning we appear to hold on for dear life towards match end.

An evening home game against Manchester United - the crowd will be well up for this. I hope they are rewarded handsomely.

Status
Not open for further replies.