Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on; me too. Delighted with the win. It's an important win and much needed, but we're still in a situation where we're needing to win just to tread water ahead of Burnley. As good as today was, it would have probably been better to have put a 7 point cushion between us and 18th going into this game. Could easily be back to a 1pt gap this time tomorrow before we have to play a dangerous Leics team. Enjoy today's win, but it could easily count for nothing come end of next match day.

This match meant way too much than it should have, apart from wanting to bust United's balls, again.

This match meant way too much than it should have, apart from wanting to bust United's balls, again.
Exactly. When the likes of United come to town, every one -players or fans- find an extra 10 or 20%. Litmus test is can we put 2 good performance and 2 wins back to back when it really, really matters because if we cannot, 1 game against United isn't going to save us.

Exactly. When the likes of United come to town, every one -players or fans- find an extra 10 or 20%. Litmus test is can we put 2 good performance and 2 wins back to back when it really, really matters because if we cannot, 1 game against United isn't going to save us.
We'll have none of that negativity today, young man! Still buzzing!

what did you sing mate? It's raining men?
Footloose-585x720.webp

"foot loose! foot loose! I don't know the words, foot loose!"...

Read somewhere in the last week that Lampard is prepared to let Allen go in the summer. Only paper talk I know. But if true , let's hope that we have a player of that nature lined up to come in.
Lampard and the Chelsea connection. Billy Gilmour and Connor Gallacher would do nicely! (not that I believe for a moment there's a chance of that happening).

Lampard and the Chelsea connection. Billy Gilmour and Connor Gallacher would do nicely! (not that I believe for a moment there's a chance of that happening).
Gallagher could end up at Dortmund after ManU spunk £70m+ on Bellingham. Be a great move for the lad as well.
He's well above our pay grade atm.

Stat:

Everton ran as a team 10k more than United....and that's our 3rd game in less than 7 days.

More of that and we might survive.

Great stat and it wasn't just running a weak press. It was coming over to pick up loose balls after a 50:50. Or rushing the opponent into bad passes. Ralf Rangnick must have been wondering which side he was coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back