Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are joking with the name of Tosun right ? Hardly had any minutes, not been in the squad not seen him in trainings vids either. Probably looking at his weekly pay cheque and calculating how many more he will get till June 30th for doing nothing !!
It was more to highlight that I don’t want dcl starting, and in fact I think I would start tosun over dcl atm.

Ok, rondon or dobbin then, that better?

Frankly I'd drop Godfrey, Kenny and Holgate.
Coleman, Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko across the back
I am a big fan of Godfrey in general but his errors have become too frequent.
Yep - 100%. That was my defense as well. I hate to big up Keane, but he's honestly a better option at this point than Godfrey and Holgate. Obviously neither Coleman or Kenny should be anywhere near the starting XI, but you have to go on form here. Kenny has been shocking in the last several games.

These
I hope we go 11 at the back.
Stall, play keep away for 90+ Min, take home a point.
We need enough of a counterattacking threat that they can't just camp in our final third. Even United in their present state is good enough to break us down eventually if they can lay siege to our final third with their CBs up. Our possession football is and has been atrocious for some time now, so I don't think we can just play keep away.

There are two questions on the table. One: which two players (whether it's two up top or a 9 and 10 in a 4-3-3) will best harry their CBs while posing a threat to break up top, and keep them honest. Richarlison has to be one of them. I don't know that we have another actual threat through the middle right now. A lot of people want to toss the dice on Alli as a result, and hope he has a screamer in him. Most of the rest seem to want to hope DCL finds some form. Neither is likely to do that much work harassing the CBs.

Two: which two players out on the wings can get forward and get the ball up to the two players tasked with threatening, while playing some defense. Gordon has to be one of them. The other side is a problem. It's pick the best of Gray, Iwobi and Townsend depending on formation, which would be a no-brainer if Gray were in-form.

It was more to highlight that I don’t want dcl starting, and in fact I think I would start tosun over dcl atm.

Ok, rondon or dobbin then, that better?
fair point about DCL. it is again proof how terrible our squad is: Dobbin not ready to lead the line, our Turk counting his money, Rondon is Rondon we all agree on his level lol and Richarlison is in my opinion still better out wide or behind a striker because as a central striker he is more occuppied with physical battles/aerial battles.

fair point about DCL. it is again proof how terrible our squad is: Dobbin not ready to lead the line, our Turk counting his money, Rondon is Rondon we all agree on his level lol and Richarlison is in my opinion still better out wide or behind a striker because as a central striker he is more occuppied with physical battles/aerial battles.
Totally agree mate, absolutely desperate isn’t it??

I'm split about tomorrow. Do we go 433, knowing that we concede, so we need goals. Or do we batten down the hatches and do a Moyes-Yobo tactic of defending for our lives?

We've missed out on vital draws in far too many games by trying to win. There's so many games I look back on and realise we could've been sensible and gone for the draw.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Branthwaite Godfrey
Allan Delph
Doucoure
Gordon Richy Iwobi/Gray​

We've got this in the bag. Come On You Blue Boys!

-EVEMAN .webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back