Match Thread Everton v Man Utd - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Man Utd

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope for a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday at Goodison against the Mancs. We really need to get behind the players. As Carragher said: our players are mentally weak due to the four month period under Benitez when we only got 6 points. So they need a crowd behind them. Away games are a write-off. Win at home on Saturday and win one or two others between now and the end of the season and we’ll likely stay up.

Relegation is not an option. If we go down we will do a Sheffield Wednesday at best.

Get beat saturday fear what may happen ,crowd will turn on all of them it could be scary dreading going me

Our defence really puts us in a situation every game where we need to score at least two or three(Newcastle was a one off)to give ourselves any chance in a game,unfortunately too at the top end we are not clinical enough to profit from any chances,keep hoping they prove me wrong but they don't,I'm not sure of the crowds reaction to last nights sorry demise, could be a resigned, quiet Goodison with the early kick off, come on Everton make the corpse twitch at least pleeeeaaassseeee.

Let’s hope for a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday at Goodison against the Mancs. We really need to get behind the players. As Carragher said: our players are mentally weak due to the four month period under Benitez when we only got 6 points. So they need a crowd behind them. Away games are a write-off. Win at home on Saturday and win one or two others between now and the end of the season and we’ll likely stay up.

Relegation is not an option. If we go down we will do a Sheffield Wednesday at best.
Why would there be a bear pit atmosphere on Saturday? Anybody with a brain knows the jig is up. We had the game won last night and we tossed it and our top flight status away. Last night was the moment of truth, and our truth is these players and novice manager are simply second rate. United will stick three, four, or five past us on Saturday.

Sack the manager today and put somebody else in if you want to give fans a glimmer of hope for Saturday. Lampard has failed. "Enjoy the football" is not going to make it in to Inverting the Pyramid as an innovative tactic. The club is sinking. We can accept that we are sinking by sticking with Lampard, or we can desperately call for a life buoy in the forlorn hope Fireman Sam or his ilk are ready to step in. Nobody is keeping this rabble up. Godfrey, Holgate, Iwobi, Kenny, etc., are second division players. But the club needs to do something if only to give fans something to get behind. We can't replace the players, tragically, but we can at least get somebody else in to maybe get something else out of them. I realise this is the post of a drowning man, but the status quo cannot be allowed to continue - especially if you want thinking fans to get behind these useless cowards at home matches. We have been left down once too many times.

Get beat saturday fear what may happen ,crowd will turn on all of them it could be scary dreading going me
That should be the atmosphere pre game Sat after last night considering how crucial it was.

They should be deeply ashamed of themselves. But they won’t be.

Begovic
Holgate Keane Godfrey Mykolenko
Allan Doucoure
Gray Iwobi Richarlison
Rondon

Its time to drop Pickford - he miskicks at least 5 times a game.
Kenny needs to be sold at the end of the season
Holgate because there's no other RB, and Coleman is too slow for Man U.
Gray because he gets crosses in.
Iwobi at the 10.
Richarlison out wide.
Rondon on for 60 mins, and then bring DCL on at the end.

Given Dele Alli can't get into the team at all, im going to assume he's lame and he must be really far off being selected.

Unfortunately the mancs have players that seem to be able to convince referees to award them penalties. They are still in with a slim chance of top four, but they need a win or that slim chance looks lost. I think it may be a draw or a hiding for us.

4-3-3

Pickford
Coleman - Godfrey - Keane - Mykolenko
Allan - Delph - Doucoure
Gordon - DCL - Richarlison

Early kickoff, big game, big noise and get into them.

A point or great win

United must be dying for this fixture, an easy three points, as Dyche supposedly said at half time to his players, Everton don't know how to win, that should be every opposing managers team talk. In juries have been horrendous again this season, they are either dropping like flies or hiding. Is Allan back that's a plus a minus though Keane back from suspension. The whole lot of them should be ashamed should our owner and Chairman, the recruitment has been a disgrace for years.

Honestly we're playing a United team that is as low in confidence as we are. They're more scared of losing to us then vice versa. I genuinely think we'll get a result.

Just posting what I've put in the Lampard thread as it's relevant to team selection on Saturday

So we should be hearing today (as I dont think the press have ran with the story last night) that senior players were criticising Lampard before yesterday's match to the press.

According to Esk

So if thats true....these stories should have come out in this mornings papers yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back