Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong the only start that counts is goals scored. But for the first time in a long time, against a United side, we had most of the possession, most shots, most on target and best of the chances. Another day and we win that.

The problem is we don't have much wriggle room and if we get in a rutt we will get relegated.

Only managed to watch it on tv today, Don’t know if they lowered the crowd down, but it was definitely quiet during the game. Nowhere near as loud/angry as people made out it was gonna be.

Second half was absolutely rubbish

When we go behind we still lack fight and probably belief more than anything
I don't think that's fair mate, they were still trying to get something out of the game at 3 nil down, more than I've seen from a lot of that squad over the last couple of seasons.

You can also be not despondent by what was a decent performance and still recognise that the first goal was outrageously good and the second a clear penalty by the way.
He shinned it. Quite clear on one angle of a reply. Jammy...

The pen was a dive. I've watched enough (from the late 1950s onwards on the Gwladys Street) and played enough to know a dive when I see one...

Of all the games to concede an absolute worldie within 5 minutes.

First half we created plenty and were pathetic in front of goal. Simply not good enough.

Again, early ish goal in the 2nd half killed it. Dyche has major questions to answer on his persistence with Young. How many times is he going to cost us?

I'm not panicking after that game - 0-3 was a hugely flattering scoreline, but it does underline what a challenge we've got in front of us. Absolutely massive game next week. Lose that then I will be concerned we're beginning a slump.

1. Fluke .... sure. :eek:
2. It was Martial who was tripped. VAR got it 100% right.
3. Yup... 2-0 down and absolutely going to win the game until they got a third.

Other than that... good assessment. Keep the Blue flag flying high!
The build up and his ultimate position was perfect. But he shinned it. One angle shows it clearly. He could try that again a million times and get nowhere near the top corner off his shin...
A dive. Jeez, don't you know a dive when you see one? I played and reffed enough in my younger days to know the difference between a foul and a dive.
2-0 down and yes, we had to get after the game a lot more. Truth be told, with better finishing, we should have been going in at half time in the lead.

The build up and his ultimate position was perfect. But he shinned it. One angle shows it clearly. He could try that again a million times and get nowhere near the top corner off his shin...
A dive. Jeez, don't you know a dive when you see one? I played and reffed enough in my younger days to know the difference between a foul and a dive.
2-0 down and yes, we had to get after the game a lot more. Truth be told, with better finishing, we should have been going in at half time in the lead.
Whatever you say.... :rolleyes:

Just back home from that poop show.

referee ruined it, booked Useless Eustace early on, but I counted 5 times they kicked the ball away after a free kick, how many booked for it? None.

every tackle by us was a foul, every tug back by them allowed. From my seat I could not see if it was a pen, but it looked soft. How was Tarky being held around the waist in their box not even looked at?

it was clear the prem were going to give us nothing. We had more than enough chances though. Branthwaite excellent again. So was their goalie. (Apart from time wasting, unhurried by the ref).

Status
Not open for further replies.