Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back home from that poop show.

referee ruined it, booked Useless Eustace early on, but I counted 5 times they kicked the ball away after a free kick, how many booked for it? None.

every tackle by us was a foul, every tug back by them allowed. From my seat I could not see if it was a pen, but it looked soft. How was Tarky being held around the waist in their box not even looked at?

it was clear the prem were going to give us nothing. We had more than enough chances though. Branthwaite excellent again. So was their goalie. (Apart from time wasting, unhurried by the ref).
What could be done by them to halt our enthusiasm ! Sure the ref had been told get some yellows out when you can ! Even the pen I reckon he knew it was a pen but also knew VAR would look at it ! And if he doesn’t give it doesn’t look like a home ref !

That's a blue eye tinted view as much as you'll ever see. It was a clear pen. Young put his leg out and tripped him. VAR did it's job as teh ref booked their guy for diving. It was a clear and obvious error by the ref. You may not like it and want to make excuses but if that was the other way around you'd be spitting feathers it was a pen to us.
Clearly never played the game then 🙄

Initiated the contact and went down, you only have to look at the direction his body was going in but the rules are now bent at looking for any contact to justify a pen.

Each to their own. I certainly wasn’t suggesting rant at them which I don’t think helps, booing is cringe but at least have some reflection, applauding that dreadful second half In particular isn’t great or does not send the right message either imo.

Not sure about that if I'm honest, we had enough chances to win 2 games, think we need the crowd behind us, not saying you were saying boo them though, if I did infer that I apologise.

To be honest, I thought we were decent tonight and it was just one of those days. They score an absolute wonder goal and we could still be playing and not put one into the net.
I think with Onana back we will be better, I think with us passing out from the back will suit him much more than Gana. He’s ideal at taking the ball from the centre half / keeper and pushing forward with it.
Very strange game, I can’t be to upset with the team’s performance, I thought for the most part we were good, and we still walk away losing 3-0.
First half, I agree with you, second half we were very poor in my opinion.

Beaten by an incredible goal in the second minute and a soft penalty (Martial goal doesn't count because he always scores against us while doing nothing else). Young should have been taken off when he got the yellow, he's always a disaster waiting to happen. Patterson needs to be our number one right back going forward. Poor finishing let us down again while we were the better team throughout.

Jarrad Branthwaite my MoM with Miko close second.

Clearly never played the game then 🙄

Initiated the contact and went down, you only have to look at the direction his body was going in but the rules are now bent at looking for any contact to justify a pen.
I've played the game at semi pro level and in every league and every game in the world that was a pen. Clear as day and only a myopic biased idiot would dispute it. Run along.

First half, I agree with you, second half we were very poor in my opinion.
I think we began to run out of ideas in the 2nd half and we don’t really have the quality off the bench to change it. I’m still happy in some ways, it seems that they have been training on playing out from the back more often and kicking it long less so, which I think is a move in the right direction.
I’d definitely like to see Dyche try a 3/4/2/1 the next time we play a lower half of the league team at Goodison, I think that formation might actually suit some of our attacking players better ie Harrison and Danjuma. And it should allow us to be more offensive, but still solid in midfield and at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.