Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United, KO 20:00 Mon 23rd April

Should I have bothered to finish my last paragraph?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No it’s ok, we’re all emotionally drained and understand

Votes: 120 74.5%
  • Cheese on toast fella

Votes: 33 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he take Bolasie off? The guy finally gets to play on the right, delivers the killer cross and then gets the hook.

Because...........

ice-traction-bambi-630.gif

Fat Sam said we dominated Newcastle tonight, we did have 57% of the play but that got us 9 shots, the same as Newcastle, while we managed one on target they had two. We managed 4 corners while they had 6. We really did hand them a thrashing tonight.
The man is delusional
He said we're going in the right direction.
Aye, towards our own goal.

Pre post Caveat I may be drunk

Ok that is was weird it wasn’t a terrible game, we did ok , we played alright football but the whole experience was pretty poor .

The Sam boat appears to have sailed and even a home win and an ok performance doesn’t hide that . Sam is a par manager , we win the games we should & lose the ones we should and with a decent personality he might have bagged himself another year .

After today , a 1-0 home win , I honestly don’t think it matters . Players the fans hate they’ll keep hating despite half decent performances today and vice Versa. For me the issue is the club is drifting like Walter smith era it’s lost but it could have been so different . Like drunken teenagers if Sam had pandered to us we’d have been all over it but his personal self obsession stopped that so we’re here and it’s painful for all of us .

It’s all a horrible mess I hope is resolved soon but try as I might , I can’t see a way back for the manager . As it happens I’m ok with that but if he’d been slightly more humble I think he may well have been here next season .

Well ,I'm glad that's over.
Two very poor teams played a game that wouldn't have looked out of place halfway down the championship, and that's no exaggeration.
We beat the barcodes though which is good.
Highlights , Jagielka's chance, Walcotts goal, Pickford shushing the Geordies which was boss and the final whistle.
Both these teams will be more concerned with relegation again next season than anything else.
Since I can't make either of our remaining aways, I only have to endure 1 more game and I can forget about football for a few months, thank God.

Fat Sam said we dominated Newcastle tonight, we did have 57% of the play but that got us 9 shots, the same as Newcastle, while we managed one on target they had two. We managed 4 corners while they had 6. We really did hand them a thrashing tonight.
The man is delusional
Our one on target resulted in the winning goal. Their 6 corners resulted in nothing. Their 2 shots on target resulted in Pickford having to save erm, no I don't actually remember him having to save anything. Final score Everton 1 Newcastle 0. So if anyone is delusional it's you pal. Hate the man all you like but do try to talk sense.

Pre post Caveat I may be drunk

Ok that is was weird it wasn’t a terrible game, we did ok , we played alright football but the whole experience was pretty poor .

The Sam boat appears to have sailed and even a home win and an ok performance doesn’t hide that . Sam is a par manager , we win the games we should & lose the ones we should and with a decent personality he might have bagged himself another year .

After today , a 1-0 home win , I honestly don’t think it matters . Players the fans hate they’ll keep hating despite half decent performances today and vice Versa. For me the issue is the club is drifting like Walter smith era it’s lost but it could have been so different . Like drunken teenagers if Sam had pandered to us we’d have been all over it but his personal self obsession stopped that so we’re here and it’s painful for all of us .

It’s all a horrible mess I hope is resolved soon but try as I might , I can’t see a way back for the manager . As it happens I’m ok with that but if he’d been slightly more humble I think he may well have been here next season .
To be honest mate...thats like an assessment of us in my early days as a kid in the 70s. Dont remind me...though dont blame you !!

Where were the demos, where was the toxic atmosphere, where were the anti Allardyce chants, where was the joining forces with the Geordies to boo Allardyce. Answer, nowhere. It never happened and was never going to happen. Evertonians don't do that. Such stupid suggestions are best left to the telly watchers tossing themselves off hoping for a Newcastle win. Terrible game to watch in a subdued atmosphere but total support from the fans. As it should be. Sam knows he is going and hopefully will go with a handshake and a fat cheque.

One of the worst, if not the dullest, games I've ever had to sit through at Goodison.

I’ll be honest I really didn’t think it was that bad , I mean I couldn’t say I want the dvd as soon as but it wouldn’t make my top 20/30 worst games or problems probably be even close .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back