Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton v Norwich City - EFL Cup - Tuesday 20 Sept, 19.45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bossed the game in parts. But one thing is clear, we've got a very thin squad. It's going to take time folks. Ronnie has been here 5 minutes. We all know how poor we are in certain positions, unfortunately, he's only just finding out for himself.
He'll clear the rubbish out, just going to take a bit of time.
That's the way I see it. He will have learned a lot about the players tonight and his mind will be made up on a few. Come January and we will see quite a few outgoing and incoming.

Christ it's the CARLING MILK COKE CUP!

Can we lose the odd pointless match? It's football it happens!
to be fair,no everton game should be classed as pointless for me,getting beat will always happen,mostly when its us,lets hope the less games we might have had make a difference in the league in terms of weeks rest etc

It's about priorities though. We haven't got the squad depth (and we haven't had since the 80s) to compete on three fronts, so you jettison the one of least worth.

Problem is this loss isn't because we've played the ressies - it's because we've put out a "strong" team and been awful.

The two cups barely overlap though. We should have the squad depth after this summer and it is still unbelievable that we don't.

It's not an overreaction. It's not even kneejerk - lots of people pointed out the obvious after that transfer window; we didn't do enough. Even Koeman knew we didn't do enough. We fell at least two, and more likely three or four players short. That lack of depth will show over the course of a season, and when you're playing a useless centre half as a left back, a young playmaker who has no consistency and a striker who doesn't belong in the league, then that shows exactly what the score is.

We have to cross our fingers that we can get through to January without a few injuries.

I agree with you on that front but to see some people blame this game on Koeman is pretty hilarious.

It's not new but it is still a huge worry
Totally agree with you and I'm not downplaying the issue at all if that's how it appears, rather than it shouldn't take losing to Norwich to show it.

Without Rom we're toothless and have to rely on an ageing Koné, Valencia (who I doubt will set the world alight) or shoe horning other players.

Furthermore, regardless of how frustrating Barkley can be at times there's no other real options. And let's not talk about Cleverly et al.

I'm more that confident that our first XI can rival many teams and there's a few options on the bench, but beyond that we are threadbare.

I'm sure Koeman recognises this and will attempt to rectify the situation as soon as possible - a new striker and play maker are musts.

Yikes, Valencia is one useless player... every single time he gets the ball he starts moving the opposite direction from the goal... can someone please explain that to me?!

Because his first thought is to not lose the ball. If he tries to spin with it, he'd probably get nudged off it easily by a marker nine times out of ten.

Not big enough to get away with a lack of ability in this league, and not technical enough to disguise how lightweight he is. You see loads of strikers from South America with exactly the same issue when they come over here.

At least Koeman will now know we have a team full of bottlers that can't be called upon or trusted.

Half of them just need releasing on free transfers. Waste of space.

No.

Because you are a massive bellend.
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back